Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Pictures of Slick Trick 100-Grain

Old 10-01-2002, 08:32 AM

Default Pictures of Slick Trick 100-Grain

I've been looking for a new broadhead to replace Muzzy for some time. I finally found it. I know the Slick Trick has been discussed on here before, and I know 5-Shot did an excellent review on it, but thought I'd post some pics and tell you what I thought. I ordered them directly from the owner of the company, who operates out of his home. He sent them to me (charged $1 for shipping two packs plus extra blades), and didn't even want my credit card number. He just slipped an invoice in with the order.

He spent a lot of time designing this head, and is extremely helpful. I won't go into detail about the design of this head, because it's written up very well on his web sitewww.slicktrick.net. They are flying exactly like my field points. My set-up is a Hoyt Havoctec set at 28.5 inch draw and 70 lbs, shooting Beman ICS Hunters at 274 fps off of a Muzzy Zero-Effect.

My only concern is that the blades do need to be touched up slightly out of the box, in my opinion. They were easy to touch-up, and are probably sharp enough for most hunters as they come.

Anyway, here's three pictures. I'm sorry if they're too large. The comparison shots are next to a 100-Grain Muzzy to show the length difference.

MOCraig
Old 10-01-2002, 10:42 AM

Default RE: Pictures of Slick Trick 100-Grain

MOCraig I'm with you on this one...

We just got in a few packs & I've been doing some testing & am liking what I see.

I didn't check the sharpness out of the box but I don't mind touching them up a bit.

Aim small miss small
Old 10-01-2002, 11:20 AM

ok, what is the selling point of the slickes? what makes them better than other points? and how does that make them better. i like what i see but how do they hold up after hitting a deer,or bone? thanks for the imfo
Old 10-01-2002, 11:39 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
ok, what is the selling point of the slickes? what makes them better than other points? and how does that make them better. i like what i see but how do they hold up after hitting a deer,or bone? thanks for the imfo
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

I would recommend reading the company website (although you may have already done this), and even giving the guy a call. The &quot;Slick Trick&quot; is the blade retention system. The blades are very solidly locked within both each other and the ferrule when the broadhead is screwed onto the arrow.

The sharply angled blades also lets the head be overall much shorter than most heads, while still making a 1 1/8&quot; 4-blade cut. The blades are much thicker than anything else I know of, at .035&quot;. It has a total cutting surface of 2.25&quot; in a head that's half the size of a Muzzy.

The selling point for me is a small, good-flying fixed blade head that's built very solidly, and makes a very large 4-blade hole.

MOCraig
Old 10-01-2002, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are a very good head, and the most accurate fixed blade broadhead I have ever tested. They are durable, and the blades are sharp enough for hunting, although they just pass this test for me. They really make a big hole in what they hit.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS