Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Poison Ivy .....TWICE!

Old 09-19-2005, 02:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Poison Ivy .....TWICE!

I am telling you the Zanfal will get rid of the stuff quick. I get it several times a year and keep it on hand. Zanfal removes the oils that have bonded with your skin, allowing it to heal and stop the irritation. Cortizone, calimine etc, just help with the itch, but do nothing to heal the blisters. Now if we could just find something just as effective for CHIGGERS!!!!![:@]
Old 09-19-2005, 06:03 AM
Dominant Buck

After washing thoroughly with soap and water apply some 1% hydrocortisone cream , it will soothe the itch and dry up the blisters .
Old 09-19-2005, 06:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

My crew has had some serious cases , I got a dose last year my self . What 5-shot has recomended is THE ANSWER. Its expensive but worth every cent .
Old 09-19-2005, 06:49 AM
Dominant Buck

I get it bad and live on the lake where it grows anywhere sun hits and isn't mowed. My worst case of ivy came from a hunt in Michigan. I pulled a vine off a tree and put up the stand. The next day both my eyes were shut and my face looked like I had done 5 rounds with Tyson. Got the shot at an emergency room and it got better in a couple days. I'll try the Zanfal.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:17 AM
Typical Buck

Heh! I'm one of those ones that can roll around in it. I've heard it's a favorite forage of deer... any truth to this?
Old 09-19-2005, 07:24 AM
Fork Horn

I got a terrible case of it hanging stands a month ago. Same thing, vine growing up the tree and tore it off. My face swelled up so bad I couldn't see and my arm still has the scars. The Zanfel didn't even faze it, although it usually works. Went to the doctor and he asked who beat me up. Got the steroid shot and pills and was better in a week. Go to the doctor before it gets real bad.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:20 AM

I've never had it but, I read somewhere that if you think you came into contact with it that you have 30 min to wash it off before it sets in. An old home remedy I heard one time was to pee on it. I think the ammonia has something to do with it drying up. I also think it has to be your pee. Anywho---good luck.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I get it ALOT....The best remedy I have used...other than getting a shot/steroids from the Dr.....is Windex. I'm not joking, someone told me to try it....works wonders on Poison Ivy. If you get it on your face, just spray the Windex on a paper towel and apply. I'm talking gone in about 3 days. I was amazed and at $3 a bottle, hard to beat.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Never had it! I must be immune, others run like girls from it,and I reach right into it. Just lucky I guess.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:18 AM

I think I can get poison ivy better than anybody.... I have tried it all... everybody has a different opinion... the shot works the best.... pill pack second..... I bought the Zanfel, but I get it so bad, I have learned to look for it, and have not got it since I bought the Zanfel, but got it just in case..... it usualy has to run its course with no steriod treatment, BUT, the best thing there is to stop the itch and get some sleep, is something a manly man would not admit using, but sometimes the itching is sooooo bad, you have to get your wife to buy it for ya and use it when nobody is looking..... hoo hah cream.... you know, that cream women use for something I do not want to know about.... but it works I promise..... but I would never tell my friends I use it on it.... being the manly man I am....

Quick Reply: Poison Ivy .....TWICE!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.