Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

A strand on my string broke

Old 09-25-2005, 10:15 AM

Default RE: A strand on my string broke

ORIGINAL: heeze gutshot shortee

FORGET DA STRAND....JUST HUNT
Hell ya! Don't let them sell ya something you don't need yet. Wax the hell out of it and let'er fly!
Old 09-25-2005, 02:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A strand on my string broke

If it was my call I would have the string replaced. The broken strand will be on your mind each and every time you draw and the last thing you need is to have it let go while on stand. Our season starts on the 1st. Today I went to a local 3-D and while waiting for a few friends to show up I started practicing. On my fifth set the cable let go. I inspect my equipment after each shoot and before I start each and every practice or competition. There was no sign of wear what so ever it just let go snapping my XX78, 2514 with a piece glancing off my left wrist. I'm blessed and very thankful that I'm not shoot carbon arrows. I still have time to replace the string and cable and tune before Saturday. Had this happened during the season I would be pissed to say the least. Be safe, have your string replaced.