Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BAITING

Old 09-17-2005, 01:13 AM

Default BAITING

I am so sick and tired of other hunters telling me that baiting is unethical. So I decided to put it into prospective for everyone as I see it if you dont agree thats ok this is just my and about a million other down and dirty bowhunters from Texas opinion. Ok if you think baiting is unethical is the use of scent attractantsunethical what about grunt calls, rattling bags, scent free soap, carbon clothing, rubber boots,binoculars,high powered rifles that shoot 3or4 hundred yards,slug guns that let shotgun hunters shoot out to 200 yards not too mention scopes of all sorts of power levels. And what about atv's,game cameras, carbon arrows the list can go on indefinatly if we all look in our hunting bag or our closet we will allfind that thing or things that give us that little edge.In my opinion noone needs to put down another hunter for using his edge ,well maybe if you are one who climbs in a tree naked and dives out onto a deers back and chokes him to death,you alone may have room to talk .
Old 09-17-2005, 01:28 AM

Default RE: BAITING

This thread is what, number 5 or 6 since about Mid-June about the same topic?

We're beating a dead horse, how about we all just agree to disagree this time and save the arguments?
Old 09-17-2005, 01:30 AM

I think that if baiting is legal where you live then by all means you have every right to do so and i have no problem with it.Like I seen someone post in here about this once before.It is about what we were taught in our areas.What might be good for one may not be good for another.But that doesnt make it wrong.If it is legal in your state then by all means go for it.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually I did jump out of the tree naked last year. Missed the deer and twisted my knee.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Let's just drop it and talk about big bucks, rub lines, scrapes, and ratteling. It will save alot of arguments. JMHO
Old 09-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

If it is legal in your state or area to bait then if you want to do it then do it I would. If it is not legal where a person hunts and they bait then it is wrong. I hunt in two states one it is not legal and the other it is and I follow the law but I will tell you in the state it is legal I bait.
Old 09-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Let's just drop it and talk about big bucks, rub lines, scrapes, and ratteling. It will save alot of arguments. JMHO

Alright, I went hunting the other day and found ten scrapes and four rub lines. I started ratteling and two big bucks came right to my stand... cause I put out 200 pounds of buck grub, and its not legal to bait in my state!

Sorry, had to do it.

Old 09-17-2005, 10:48 PM

HAHAHA ARE YOU SERIUS
ORIGINAL: Might Mite

Actually I did jump out of the tree naked last year. Missed the deer and twisted my knee.
Old 09-18-2005, 03:05 AM

ORIGINAL: Iron Archer

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Alright, I went hunting the other day and found ten scrapes and four rub lines. I started ratteling and two big bucks came right to my stand... cause I put out 200 pounds of buck grub, and its not legal to bait in my state!

Sorry, had to do it.

But if baiting were legal in your state would you necessarily have those deer coming in to your "buck grub " as there would likley be several others putting out their own "buck grub" or other bait to attract deer ?
Old 09-18-2005, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, the SAME fighting about the SAME topics over and over again! I don't mind a debate but it gets boring when it over the SAME topics all the time! [:'(]

IF it is legal where you hunt then go for it.... as long as you NOT using a Xbow!!!

Quick Reply: BAITING

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.