Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Lunch?

Old 09-24-2005, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lunch?

I try to not eat too much while on stand. I'll usually take a couple of those energy bars with me to munch on along with some water. I carry a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and an appletoo just in case. I really don't like to get out of my stand unless I have to. If I eat too much I'll have to get down to take a number 2.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:44 PM

Do whatever you would rather do. Eating in the stand and making noise is the lesser of the 2 evils. I mean, you're going to be in the stand for 12 hours, take 15-30 minutes off and eat. Get down on the ground at the base of your treee and eat if you want. Too many peopletry andmake it more complicated than it needs to be. Just do what you want and have fun!
Old 09-25-2005, 04:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JeramyK

...If I eat too much I'll have to get down to take a number 2.
Why take one when you can leave one!
Old 09-25-2005, 06:25 AM

PB & J's, granola bars and apples...always
Had a hunting buddy that I went with during rifle season that would always get down too soon (same time as all the other lunch getters) and put a 8 pt between me in the stand and him walking over to me...
Anyway, he was hungry and had no grub...
Bring a snack at the least to hold over.
Tim
Old 09-25-2005, 08:10 AM

ORIGINAL: heeze gutshot shortee

right when you leave the stand is when you will see them, spook them. You wont even be ready to get a shot off..youll be thinking about eating..Gun unloaded slung on your back..Thats when that monster buck will appear...instead of pushing him onto your vehicle, .Youll probably pushhim to some other hunter...Pack nuts,water, jerky, raisins, candy, jellybeans,sammich etc. I use ziplock and eat slowly keeping a look out..Never leave your stand unless your going home or relocating ..Iv knocked out many a deer during that 12-3pm lunchtime slot..probably killed one you were scouting..Thats what a hunter does though isnt it? I come in early and stay late.Try to get the most hunting in that I can. Safe and Happy hunt to ya
Don't you mean bow in hand instead of gun om back?