Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mckenzie Traget defects

Old 09-16-2005, 08:50 AM

Default Mckenzie Traget defects

Right after season last year I purchased one ofMckenzie's TW50 Wild Boar. I thought it would help us get ready to clear some hogs off our land after deer seasoned ended. We have shot a lot of rounds into it, but the whole boar not just the midsection is falling apart and if you hit the hog in certain parts the arrows pass right through the target. At this point I figured that it might have been a manufacturing defect in the foam quality or that the elements such as the rain/sun might have broken it down.

Has anyone had similar issues with Mckenzie products
Old 09-16-2005, 08:59 AM

Default RE: Mckenzie Traget defects

Rain and sun will break down a 3D target.
Old 09-16-2005, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: zak123

yep....very rapidly too
Old 09-16-2005, 09:10 AM

I only had the traget for less than a year and Mckenzie said that theyr would give me $ 50 of of a new target. That would still cost me $250, why would I want to try it again if the first one did not work? they also said that they test the targets in arizona and alaska and the sun an elements haave no effect on the target? Down here in Florida I have two 3d deer targets that have lasted okay compared to the dark Boar.
Maybee I just got a defective boar, but if not their products do not hold up to use and the elements.[:@]
Old 09-16-2005, 11:33 AM

THATS TOO FAST AND Y OWN A 3D SHOOTING CLUB AND HAVE SOME MCKENZIES THAT ARE ABOUT 5 YEARS AND ARE IN GOOD SHAPE, WELL I HAD CHANGE THE SHOOTING ZONE SOME TIMES AND MAYBE HAD PAINTED ONCE BUT HADN'T LOOSE PARTS OR SHAPE!
THINK THAT MCKENZIE SHOULD GIVE MORE THAN $50 FOR THEY PRESTIGE!
Old 09-16-2005, 11:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Absolutely. A buddy of mine bought a 3D deer at the same time I did. He left his outside and I keep mine stored indoors. His looks like it is about 6 years old when mine looks almost as good as new (despite the holes in the mid section).
Old 09-16-2005, 10:02 PM
8PT

Hopefully you are only shooting field tip/target points into it. Broadheads will eat up any 3D target in a hurry.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:52 AM

Bump
Old 09-21-2005, 08:02 PM

The same thing has happened to me, I bought a tuff buck in 2004 within 100 shots with my switchback this year, I shot a pass thru!! IT was brand new!!! I plan on contacting them also. So much for "tuff bucks"!!!
Old 09-26-2005, 09:58 AM

I emailed some concerns with their product directly to the company and attached is their reply.

I guess weathering makes their targets more realistic but it makes the arrows pass right through them? I am not sure which one is more important.

We do appreciate your comments and your concerns. Everything has been forwarded to our production and quality department. Also, on our website mckenzie3d.com thereis some info that gives you details about the targets being weatherproof. It all depends on the elements and surroundings. The breakdown allows the target to be more realistic.

Quick Reply: Mckenzie Traget defects

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.