Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who gets turkey tags too?

Old 09-15-2005, 07:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Who gets turkey tags too?

Here in PA we get a fall and spring turkey tag included with our license. And we have the option of buying an additional spring tag for $21.
I think I am going to get one just for the heck of it. I have a hard enough time just shooting one without having to worry about two.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

VA has a fall turkey season as well. I think it's three tags, one of which has to be used in spring, one fall and one either. Haven't checked this year to verify that.
Old 09-15-2005, 08:07 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Talondale

VA has a fall turkey season as well. I think it's three tags, one of which has to be used in spring, one fall and one either. Haven't checked this year to verify that.
With our permits purchase we get 6 deer, three turkeys and one bear. Two turkeys may be taken in the fall or all three may me taken in the spring.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:14 AM

I always buy my 2 turkey tags with my 2 sets of deer tags at the start of each season.Never know when and where you will run into one.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:03 PM

I was fortunate enough to be drawn for the fall Wisconsin lottery. I am pretty excited about it since I was able to get one in the spring with my bow. Now I can hunt both deer and turkey this fall!
Old 09-15-2005, 06:23 PM
Typical Buck

hell yeah $5 a tag
Old 09-15-2005, 07:15 PM

Florida just started a military license equivelent to the spotrsman gold...
includes Hunting, Saltwater Fishing and Freshwater Fishing licenses: and Wildlife Management Area, Archery, Muzzleloading Gun, Turkey and Florida Waterfowl, Snook and Crawfish Permits

$20.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:16 PM

Of course it cost me a couple of g's in equipment to support that license

Tim
Old 09-15-2005, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

It's funny, when I never bought archery turkey tags with my bow tags, I had plenty of opportunities to bag a bird. Now that I've been buying them that past year or two I've only had 1 or 2 chances. Dumb luck I guess.
Old 09-15-2005, 09:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

In RI this is the first year they are offering a fall archery tag for turkey. You have to buy the tag separate though. In CT, you have to buy the tags too. The primary spot I am hunting deer in CT, the landowner doesn't want anyone shooting turkeys on his property. He likes them, says they keep the tick population down. Ididn't get tags since I respect the landowners wishes. Wouldn't you know before it started pouring this morning, I was up in my climber and had 6 turkeys pass within 20 yards of my stand.

Quick Reply: Who gets turkey tags too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.