Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

both eyes or one eye open?

Old 09-14-2005, 09:27 PM

Default both eyes or one eye open?

Every time I shoot at a deer I wonder if and where I hit it. Most of the time I can hear it hit but sometimes I'm not sure. Do you open one eye and then open them both once you release to see? or do you just shoot and hope you hit it without trying to look? I want to keep my form so I can make a good shot but I also want to see where the arrow goes because there are times when I have missed and he's stuck around for another shot but I don't know where the first arrow went. whatdo you guys do?
Old 09-14-2005, 09:29 PM

Default RE: both eyes or one eye open?

I shoot with both eyes open. It is more natural, and allows a more clear sight window.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:41 PM

i shoot with both open also. i only have one pin so i can line up the peep, pin , and spot like a triangle.

the string is dead center on the tip of my nose and the peep is over my right eye. i start by looking at the pin first with both eyes open, then bring the focus to the target. the pin is a slight blur but still solid enough to be able to set a good anchor and release.

PT
Old 09-14-2005, 09:43 PM
Typical Buck

i do it with one eye opened.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:13 PM

Definitely two eyes open!
Old 09-14-2005, 11:15 PM

I shoot with one eye open. I can't shoot with both open. I've tried and i just get frustrated because I see 2 of everything and haven't trained myself to do it. But I haven't really had a reason to switch either.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also shoot with one eye open and the other closed. I shoot a gun the same way. I've never had a problem seeing where my arrow hits.
Old 09-15-2005, 05:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Definitely learn to shoot with both eyes open. Opening a closed eye during or at the shot can only lead to you moving the bow to see the shot, which is a form aof target panic. Practice makes for better shooting. Either way, one eye or two, you should not have to see your arrow go. All you have to do is execute the shot well and follow through and tell yourself that the arrow is where your sight pin was when the bow went off. Some of the best shots you'll ever make are those where you never see the arrow go.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot with both eyes open.
Old 09-15-2005, 06:54 AM

don't know why, but i never even really considered keeping both eyes open, just thought it was normal to close one and use the peep with the other i guess. i'll try it later just for the heck of it to see what it's like though. i've adjusted to shooting my pistols with both open, and it helped so i'll give it a shot or two with the bow.

Quick Reply: both eyes or one eye open?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.