Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Under Armour Wear Question

Old 09-14-2005, 01:16 PM
Spike

Default Under Armour Wear Question

Hi..New to the Site,has anyone used Under armour Wear, and have any opinons on it,thinking about trying it, the cold wear.... Thanks
Old 09-14-2005, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Under Armour Wear Question

been wanting to try it, but it's so dang high. I mainly want to try the cold wear too, but thought the hot gear might be good to wear under my bug tamer suit.

Only thing is, I know when I put it on, I'm going to to look like all those buff mannequins they always display them on....then how am I going to do any good hunting with the hordes of women that will be trying to follow me to my stand ?
Old 09-14-2005, 01:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never used it in hunting situations, but I do play alot of Mens softball and can tell you that I quickly stopped wearing the under armor long sleeved shirts. It was weird, the cold gear, actually made me perspire, even before I would start playing, so then I would get cold chills. I have a $60 long sleeve shirt now that I dont even wear!
Old 09-14-2005, 03:11 PM

I have it head to toe in the cold gear and it is very warm. Better for stand hunting than moving around because it will make you sweat. It will heat you up but it wicks the sweat very well. And you automatically look like the mannequins in the stores.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Spike

thanks,its nice to hear some positive things about it ,since it is kind of pricey....
Old 09-14-2005, 03:27 PM

save your $$$, you can buy Nike dri-fit for half the price. I actually just got a whole suit of the same stuff ( Medal brand I think ) plus it has scent blocking for the price of one Under Armour shirt ! It goes under your clothes , but someone will pay 59.99 for the shirt and 50 for the pants because its camo and says Under Armour. Go figure , a fool and his money are soon parted.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:48 PM

Slugman,
You got a web site on that gear. I've used UA for years. It will heat you up quickly. It's like wearing a damp T-shirt in a breeze. You will get chilled if that is all you are wearing. I don't like to dress bulky when hunting so I play the weather forcast. I have used it in all climates and I like the compression. Helps prevent muscle and joint fatigue by keeping you warm. I use UA T's when I'm in uniform. I wouldn't use it on medium to warm days because of the wicking. Brings your scent to the surface. Does not trap odor and retains stink even after wash.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:48 PM

Nike's stuff is half the price , but the suit I bought ( just grabbed the box ) is Medalist brand that I got at dick's sporting goods , looked at the $60 UA top and was like WHOA ! This stuff was on the other isle. Medalist Silver Max , top is mossy oak was 35 and the pants are brown 30. Box says , heat regulating tech , Stay dry Skinetics , Used by Nasa and the EPA , yada , yada , yada. All I know is the suit cost 5 more than one UA shirt. No brainer
Old 09-14-2005, 04:49 PM

Plus its made in Reading PA , no oversea's crap.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:58 PM

found the site ....www.medalist.com

Quick Reply: Under Armour Wear Question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.