Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Rest To Get?

Old 09-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What Rest To Get?

I'm in the market for a new rest for my Browning Tornado. I'd like a fall-away rest, and I would like the arrow to be supported decently also - I don't want it to fall off when bow is hangin in treestand, or I'm stalking. Is there anything out there that fits this bill? I figured I'd start upgrading my old bow till I get enuf funds to purchase a new bow, then transfer all the accessories over.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:24 PM

Default RE: What Rest To Get?

I use a Trophy Taker Shakey Hunter on my Bowtech Allegiance. The directions say to put felt over the arm to prevent the arrow from making noise as it is being drawn. After a few shots the arrow breaks in the felt and it makes a nice arrow holder. I rarely have the arrow fall off the rest. The only time it falls off is when I yank my bow back when I am too tired.

The Trophy Taker Company is a great company. I just got through ordering areplacement rope for my rest. I have ordered two ropes, a nut because my pro shop glued mine in and I stripped it trying to get it out, and a long windage bar so I can get the center shot on my Bowtech Allegiance. Guess how much I paid for all of this? I did not pay one penny, not even for shipping! They let me exchange my regular windage bar for a long windage bar. They sent the long windage bar first. They told me to send mine in after I received theirs. You couldn't find a better company if you tried.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Personally, I shoot a drop zone. It won't necessarily ensure your arrow stays put when hanging, but its a great rest. A buddy of mine just bought a vital bow gear drop away, I don't know the name. It actually grips the arrow so it can't fall, and the grip opens upwhen youdraw. It might be worth checking out.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

I put a QAD ultra rest on my alleginace this year and it is a great rest. It is a drop away that you can cock at the full upright position and it also has a bar crossing over the prongs so it also has the full containment feature you are looking for.

You don't have to cock it every time you shoot it. It will finction just like any other drop away rest out there while practicing but in the treestand or stalking you can cock it to keep your arrow on the rest.

So far I am very happy shooting it during my practice sessions. I have tried to get the rrest to uncock by "accident" but to no avail. It works just like they say.

Check it out here.
http://www.qadinc.com/ultra-rest.htm
Old 09-13-2005, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

bigbulls - I really like the looks of that rest, I was actually just looking at that same rest in Cabelas when you posted up! hehe
Old 09-13-2005, 08:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think you will like it alot. I too was looking for the same things you are looking for and ended up with the ultra rest.

I shot a NAP QT2000 for four years with complete satisfaction but wanted to incorperate the full containment feature that the ultra rest offers.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I will order up one of those rests. I gotta take my bow into the local archery shop to get a new string put on it, so it will just have to wait till I get the new rest, then we'll get it all dialed in an ready

My scouting trip tonite was very very successful. Found 2 bucks in my CRP that were shooters. First buck was a nice 5x5 in the 18-19" inside spread, 9-10" G2s - but he was kind of spindly. Second buck was a 5x5 as well, real thick, perfectly symmetrical, 20-21" inside, 11-12" G2s. I can field judge a buck pretty good, I'd estimate the first one in the 136-140 range, and the second one to be 145-150 B&C - I'm not sure how to judge P&Y, are the scales similar?
Old 09-13-2005, 09:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is what I use! The Kaz Away! Quality at its best!

[link]http://www.vitalbowgear.com/arrow_rests.cfm[/link]
Old 09-13-2005, 09:30 PM

MINE IS A SHEAFER AND IT WORKS GREAT, IT STANDS WHEN I DRAW AND DROPS WHEN SHOOTED[8D]
Old 09-13-2005, 09:45 PM

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

This is what I use! The Kaz Away! Quality at its best!

http://www.vitalbowgear.com/arrow_rests.cfm
Completely agree! I have a VBG Ultimate fall away and you just can't get any better. It fills the bill perfectly! It holds the arrow in place while stalking or in a stand. Then when you are ready to shoot, it is very steady and drops away. It is also very very quiet to draw. Worth taking a look at!

Quick Reply: What Rest To Get?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.