Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Rest To Get?

Old 09-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Rest To Get?

I'm not sure how to judge P&Y, are the scales similar?
P&Y and B&C are measured the same----just P&Y recognises archery only
Old 09-13-2005, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm very partial to the MZE for my Patriot Dually ,but I also really like the Trophy Taker original.

nubo
Old 09-13-2005, 09:53 PM

i tell ya man an awesome sight to get would be the quick tune pro series from new archery..its an awesome rest..by the way where u at in south dakota?? ilive in northeastern nebraska and i hunt on the border of south dakota and nebraska..
Old 09-13-2005, 10:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm kind of in the North Central part of SD, I hunted Nebraska last year for deer in the Hay Springs/Alliance Areas. I will be heading out west river this year to do some archery hunting, and I'll make another run to Nebraska for a coyote hunt.

Old 09-14-2005, 07:19 AM
Dominant Buck

Save yourself a lot of aggrevation and buy what they all want to be when they grow up.... a Muzzy Zero Effect. This will be the 5th year for mine. It never fails, it's still rock solid and there when you need it. No more worrying about where the arrow is or any of that. Just draw and shoot. I've seen a lot of rest in 35 years. I've tried a lot of them. This has been a joy from day one. Sure it cost a few bucks more... but it's a one time cost that's reliable. Len and I shoot a zillion deer and all with a Muzzy. His 12 year old kid uses one and he shoots more deer than most guys. You'll never regret it.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:50 AM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Save yourself a lot of aggrevation and buy what they all want to be when they grow up.... a Muzzy Zero Effect. This will be the 5th year for mine. It never fails, it's still rock solid and there when you need it. No more worrying about where the arrow is or any of that. Just draw and shoot. I've seen a lot of rest in 35 years. I've tried a lot of them. This has been a joy from day one. Sure it cost a few bucks more... but it's a one time cost that's reliable. Len and I shoot a zillion deer and all with a Muzzy. His 12 year old kid uses one and he shoots more deer than most guys. You'll never regret it.

Doesn't Len modify the MZE in some way at his shop to get better performance out of it??...............I may be mistaken on that but I thought I remember him saying he tinkers with them.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think the Muzzy Zero Effect would fit all of your criteria.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:59 AM

I just put the QAD Ultra-Rest on my Hoyt, works well, worth the money! This company is suppose to be releasing a new rest soon, the same concept as the Ultra, this will be the Hunter. It is suppose to be about half the price, but I think it shows that in its design, It looks cheaper then the Ultra.On there web site it always says comming soon, It was suppose to be released a month ago. I wouldn't wait, get the $100.00 one.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Rammer

I would like the arrow to be supported decently also - I don't want it to fall off when bow is hangin in treestand, or I'm stalking. Is there anything out there that fits this bill?

Get a Whisker Biscuit..............sounds like exactly what you want.
Old 09-14-2005, 09:46 AM

Biscuit = added noise, feather/vane wear, and slight loss of speed. Tried it for a day, then put an Ultra-rest on. I couldn't be happier with the Ultra.Cannot vouch for other fall aways...never tried them. Won't need to either.

Quick Reply: What Rest To Get?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.