Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Treestand Pack???

Old 09-13-2005, 12:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Treestand Pack???

Depends on where, how and when I'm hunting. I have fanny packs, back packs, treestand bags and deep pockets. They all get used at one time oranother.
Old 09-13-2005, 12:13 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Double Creek

I just use a big arse fanny pack..... I tried the back pack thing, but it always got in the way, especially when hiking with the stand....
Same here , some of you guys just pack in waaaaay too much gear .
Old 09-13-2005, 12:17 PM

WARedbear....I found something that works great. It's called a Grip Clip or Cable Clip....it's plastic - therefore no metal to metal noise- and is used to hold computer wiring together instead of a tangled mess. Office Max or some type of paper/computer supply store in your area should have them.
When I get in my stand...I use it to clip the loop on my backpack to the arm rest on the stand. The pack is right next to me on the outside of the stand. Easy to get to all my stuff...and being a girl, I have ALOT of stuff.

A computer dude came into my shop with one of these hanging from this belt....so I talked him out of it...works great and at $.99 each, I can leave them on my stands. Hope that helps.
Old 09-13-2005, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BowTechSlinger

Hey WARedBear, there is a packed designed especially for use in a tree stand. It has it's own strap to tie it to the tree and when you open the pack, it folds out and exposes a bunch of mesh pockets that holds whatever items you may need to get at quickly. It looks really neat. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the thing but it's named after one of the big time hunters, maybe Dwight Shuh. Hope this helps you.
Okay...who can give me more information on this pack???????
Old 09-13-2005, 01:44 PM

First of all, I admint that I pack in WAY too much gear. I use a backpack with a hydration bladder also. I don't like having things in my cargo pockets so everything goes in the pack. I put the shoulder straps around my climber when I go in and then wear it on the climb up. I have one of those tree belts with hooks on it and hang my pack from that so that it is right next to me. It adds a couple extra pounds on the hike in but I'd rather have something and not need it.

zak123, I was looking at the Summit bags but havent seen anyone who has used them. How do you like them? Are they noisy? How roomy are they?
Old 09-14-2005, 01:42 PM
Fork Horn

Summit side bags here also
Old 09-15-2005, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks Mom w/swd,
I know what you are talking about. I found a nice soft pack at Wally World the other day, I think it is a fanny pack, but the straps were all wrong to hang it on the stand. It does have a top strap but I couldn't figure out how to hang it from the stand without cable ties. I didn't want to have to cut and tie each time I went out. I will look at it again with you clip thing in mind.

Old 09-15-2005, 10:51 AM
Spike

On short hunts (a few hours), I use a fanny pack with side pockets.
When I'm fortunate enough to get the whole day I take a small camo backpack that I bought at WalMart. It's a soft material that is very quiet, has lot's of compartments and pockets to organize my stuff. It also has a waistbelt, and if I'm carrying in my stand, Ican strap it to the back of the stand.When you look for a pack, make sure you get one that's super quiet.
Also I use compression straps and pack in my jacket and any warm weather gear so I don't get overheated and sweat on the way to my stand.
As far as hanging it, I carry a couple of small cup hooks, that I screw into the tree that I use to hang my pack, binocs, rattling horns and quiver.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

I strap a back pack to my treestand and carry it in that way, Usually not too far from my atv, but there are times when it is a good distance,then I use a rope to haul it up and a differen rope to haul up my gun.I use parachute chord to do all my hauling up.I then use a bow/gun screw in hook to hang my pack wherever I want it.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:42 PM

I have the backpack w/ the bladder for a camelback. I use it for all day in the stand. Holds everything (nothing in the pockets)...calls, scents, PB&J's...

Tim

Quick Reply: Treestand Pack???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.