Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Old 09-09-2005, 12:48 AM
Typical Buck

Default UNBELIEVABLE!

I was surfing ebay tonight looking for a .280 Rem. barrel for my Thompson Encore. I happened across a barrel that just about made me PUKE! I'm hoping the link works, but all I can say is WOW! I'll let ya'll decide what you think of it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/AIRROW-ARCHERY-BARREL-FOR-RUGER-10-22-RIFLE_W0QQitemZ7179701396QQcategoryZ31709QQrdZ1QQc mdZViewItem
Old 09-09-2005, 01:06 AM

Default RE: UNBELIEVABLE!

Wow, Honestly what is the point of that barrel.

Just when you think you've seen it all.

Old 09-09-2005, 01:13 AM
Fork Horn

nothing new really...saw a show on the history channel the other day about the history of guns, and that was one of the first weapons to use blackpowder...an arrow for the projectile.

I wouldn't use it though. Takes all the fun out of it.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

We used to do that with a .410 and wooden arrows back in the day.....
Old 09-09-2005, 03:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Seen it before last year. Only reason for that and that is to poach deer in bow season.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:08 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well, you knew something like that was going to happen sooner or later. What would be the point though? You can't really use it in most archery seasons and it would be detrimental during rifle.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:16 AM

Definitely don't like it but as I'm sure it sounds like a gun I don't think a poacher would have any advantage using it in any season. A poacher is gonna do his thing no matter if season's in or not. Why would a poacher care if he/she is using legal equipment for the season when the activity they're performing is illegal anyway? I think its an interesting idea just not for hunting IMO
Old 09-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Typical Buck

And you said CROSSBOWS suck! LOL!

SF
Old 09-09-2005, 10:24 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: turtleshell

Definitely don't like it but as I'm sure it sounds like a gun I don't think a poacher would have any advantage using it in any season. A poacher is gonna do his thing no matter if season's in or not. Why would a poacher care if he/she is using legal equipment for the season when the activity they're performing is illegal anyway? I think its an interesting idea just not for hunting IMO

A poacher will use this weapon to kill a deer, then register it as a "BOW" kill.

I agree, the only use I see for this weapon is to illegally take game. At least its illegal in my state to the best of my knowledge.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you go to their website, there's a photo gallery. If you peruse the photos, you'll quickly see that there's one particular worthless bum who has his picture taken with about 5 monstrous bucks.

Something tells me that the AIRROW system hasn't quite been around long enough for that guy to be "legal," unless he's hunting 5 different states with his poaching gun.

Somebody should figure out who he is and call the game commission.

Quick Reply: UNBELIEVABLE!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.