Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Rubbermaid boxes are not scent proof!!!

Old 09-12-2005, 09:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Rubbermaid boxes are not scent proof!!!

I have to laugh......everytime I read the "hunt the wind" response to scent control. Don't get me wrong...I understand what you mean. The problem is here, in the mountains of Washington..the wind blows this way and that. I have a small feather tied to my bow with dental floss. I was in my stand Saturday and was watching my feather blow to the right one minute and then to the left a minute later.
Great...I have two large plastic tubs sitting in my bedroom waiting for me to put my dried clothes in them tonight...I guess I will put them in a plastic garbage bad and then the containers. Of course I am going to mix in a lot of pine branches for the smell.
Old 09-12-2005, 02:18 PM

Iguess no household air can get into those big ziplock bags? You're never 100% scent free. Just do your best and HUNT THE WIND! Then it won't matter.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been using a rubbermaid tub for the last 10 - 15 years or so. There's absolutely nothing wrong with using one! I bet it's alot better than just taking your clothes off and tossing them into your truck. I never started using one for scent , I started using it for a place to keep my clothes.
You say they're not scent free , probably not , but try this. Take some cedar boughs and put them in with your hunting clothes for a few days. Before taking the lid off , stick your nose up to the tub and see what you smell , then take the lid off and see what you smell.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Fork Horn

I think the point is more to try and keep your hunting clothes separate from your other things. If putting your stuff in a rubber maid container helps you then great... if you like the zip lock bag...OK. But I thinking you had some kind of agenda in this little rant of yours... So let have it, what’s your real beef?