Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Easton Bowhunting TV w/Fred Eichler

Old 09-08-2005, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Easton Bowhunting TV w/Fred Eichler

I know a bunch of you know-it-all naysayers hate hunting TV and the commercialization of our beloved sport, but I don't care. I'm addicted to watching hunting tv shows and videos and I have to admit that one of my new favorite shows is Easton Bowhunting with Fred Eichler. I'm not sure if I like the show itself, or just Fred, but the more I watch it the more I enjoy it. He truely seems to be excited about being out in the woods and having the opportunity to harvest an animal - any animal - with his bow. A few weeks ago he was in camp in Illinois with a bunch of other hunting "celebrities" and if I recall he took 3 does during the course of his stay. How many shows do you see someone hunting in IL with an outfitter shot one doe, let alone 3? I thought it was great.

This week's conclusion of his grizzly bear hunt was awesome. If you haven't seen the show, you really should check it out. Fred is mostly a traditional hunter, but he did pick up the compound for his deer hunt in IL, which was cool.

I think that's about it for now. If you haven't see the show, do yourself a favor and try to catch it the next time it's on. If you have seen it and don't like it, or have the urge to make gross generalizations and negative remarks without any sort of factual basis - shut up. We don't care.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:42 PM

Default RE: Easton Bowhunting TV w/Fred Eichler

I love Fred's videos........ Traditional Harvests 1,2&3. Fred seems to bea really good guy.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, the Easton Bowhunting show is a good one to watch. I have the DVR set to record it weekly.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah i saw it last weekend and he was trying to get a grizz with his recurve and his boat flipped while going down a river. he lost his bow and everything so he didn't get to hunt at all. i think the outfitter gave him a free hunt to make up for it. it seemed pretty good though.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry,havent seen the show myself.Hard to get hunting shows on air here in my neck of the woods.[&o]
If Wild TV ever makes it here in Ontario,I'll be sure to watch it.Sounds like a good show and a great guy
Old 09-08-2005, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

agree. I love that show.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, I feel the same way.It's a really good show. I have tivo record TONS of hunting shows (I usually get around 15 on tuesdays, hehe), I always watch the easton show as soon as it shows up.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hes an entertaining guy to say the least. Ive never seen him without a smile on his face.
Old 09-09-2005, 05:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Justin,

I always like shows that buck the trend. I wish I was able to get the channel that had all these shows on. I miss out on so much.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Me no get the shows either..but I've been hearing really good things about this one...

I just ordered one of Fred's vids....

Quick Reply: Easton Bowhunting TV w/Fred Eichler

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.