Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What Bow to Buy?

Old 09-07-2005, 11:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What Bow to Buy?

Zac - thanks for the link. Ya looks like the Hoyt and Mathews will shoot a lot faster than what I'm shooting now pulling 70lbs. I'll hafta get my arrows out tomorrow an get exact measurements/weights of 'em.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like you need to look at the PEARSON line!Good speed,short a to a,generous brace height--give them a try.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:25 AM
Fork Horn

Well I have the Outback and would buy that bow again were it not for the Switchback. I have not shot the Switchback but from what I hear they took the Outback and made it better. For me that is hard to imagine, because I love my Outback that much. Hope this helps.
Old 09-08-2005, 06:34 AM

I shoot a Mathews and love the Bow,but if I were buying a Bow I'd check into the HCA TSS Bows. Buy what you like and shoot best,try a few all Bows mentioned are good Bows.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

We all have our favorites but honestly that shouldn't factor into your decision. I would certainly encourage you or anyone to shoot all the bows you possibly can try and then narrow your selections. You might be surprised at what you end up liking. If there was one bow for everyone we'd all be shooting the same thing.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

I agree with the Bowtech and Diamond suggestions. At 33 inches and under that would include the Patriot, Liberty, Allegiance, Mighty Mite, Justice, Defender.....Triumph, etc...
Old 09-08-2005, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Three words for ya...Bow Tech...Bow Tech... Bow Tech

I have a Mighty Mite and a Samson. Can't beat a Bow Tech
Old 09-08-2005, 06:45 PM

I have a 2003 Hoyt Cybertec AND a 2004 BowTech Liberty (eat your hearts out). I loved my Hoyt and I know what you other Hoyt guys are talking about when you say you can actually hear the arrows whistling by, especially if you're shooting feathers. Damn I love that sound. On the other hand, my Liberty may be the smoothest drawing and smoothest shooting bow I've ever had the pleasure of shooting. Try em all til you find the one that makes YOUR heart skip a beat.