Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Needed a string, got a new bow

Old 09-07-2005, 05:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Needed a string, got a new bow

I needed a new string and cables on my Alpine Impact X-treme. I had hoped they would make it through this season but they are just falling apart. Servings are unraveling etc. So I went to a new bowshop in the area and asked about the price of strings and labor. Right at $100. I looked around a bit and there it was. I shot it and loved it. I had to call my financial advisor, (wife), who is really pretty cool, and I am the proud owner of a new Diamond Victory. I got the solitaire cam 70# model. I know its just a few weeks until the opener but I'm sure I'll be shooting it just fine by then. YEEEEEEEEHAAAA!
Old 09-07-2005, 05:20 PM

Default RE: Needed a string, got a new bow

Congrats on the new bow!! Your bowstring seems way too high though. I just had mine replaced, and all it cost me was the price of the string. I got mine done at Gander Mountain. It's kinda like a Cabella's. It ran around $30. Ofcourse I didn't need the cables replaced. I guess that could have boosted your price on up.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:20 PM

AWESOME!! Can I have the name and number of your financial advisor? I could use a new bow as well....

Enjoy shooting that one!
Old 09-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heck no!
Old 09-07-2005, 05:45 PM

congrats on the new bow , its great when the wife dosnt mind if you get some new goodies , my wife never says no , i guess thats why i married her. good luck this season
Old 09-07-2005, 06:06 PM
Spike

Ah... Christmas in September, and why not, after all many places will be decorating soon if not already. I can understandwhy you don't want to give out the number of your financial advisor, heck, I'd be happy with just yourcredit card number Good luck with the new bow.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Youll love that diamond. I have one it is a great bow. My switchback is awsome to.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

That Diamond is a sweet bow! I shot one a while back and really liked it. Congrats on the new bow!
Old 09-07-2005, 07:09 PM

I wish my financial advisor was that easy.I usually have to go and find a side job then she gets half and I get the other half.That is what I usually buy my new bows with.Or what ever I am wanting at the time.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:11 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: txrookie

I had to call my financial advisor, (wife), who is really pretty cool,
hey i have one of those too!! mines pretty cool also, as long as daddy brings home the backstrap

Quick Reply: Needed a string, got a new bow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.