Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Eye sight problems

Old 09-07-2005, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default Eye sight problems

I've always had good eye sight. I'm 30 years old and don't wear glasses. As of lately I've noticed a pretty good change in the clarity in my right eye. I shoot a scope for target butnot for hunting. I'm not really worried about it for hunting, but when I practice at 50 & 60 yards it real noticeable. My left eye is clear as can be. Anyone else with this problem?
Can you get just one contact lens? I don't want glasses!
I'm not on my wifes insurance for vision until next year!(my fault, I told here I didn't need it)
Old 09-07-2005, 01:40 PM

Default RE: Eye sight problems

Go get an eye exam and find out what your vision is. Yes, you can wear just one contact lens or have glasses with only one corrective lens.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:43 PM

I'm a 'tad' bit older at 50 and cannot see anything clearly at a distance (far-sighted). I have to tell you, I find glasses in the woods to be a real pain in the butt. I always had problems with them fogging when hunting in hot weather and perspiring. The problem got so bad that I purchased contact lenses. The problem now is that when hunting, I have problems looking at items that are very close but it still beats glasses! The new contact lenses are sold in pairs but are disposable after a short period of time so even if you buy two, you will eventually use them both.
Old 09-07-2005, 01:55 PM

Hey Huntdog, one other thing I forgot to mention; Specialty Archery offer a peep called the 'Super Peep' that accepts screw in clarifiers for exactly the problem you are asking about. Here's a link.

http://www.specialtyarch.com/superpeep.htm

Hope this helps! Good hunting.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:17 PM
Typical Buck

Actually those clarifier's are for shooting a Len's. They help make a six or eight power lens more clear. I use one on my target bow. This winter I shot a couple of tourney's with a bow hunter set up (PINS) I tried to practice with the clarifier in and it made me see two pins[&:]The less powerful clarifier could help but they seem to cut down on the light quite a bit!
Old 09-07-2005, 02:21 PM

This whole 'getting older' thing really bites. I didn't start hunting til I was 46 and now I get really pissed of cause I wonder how much more time I have to love it.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:30 PM

I had 20/20 vision until about 5 years ago. Now I have 20/70.... Which isn't too bad, but makes picking out detail past 30yds impossible. I wear contacts while hunting. Also, you can wear glasses if you shoot with both eyes open, but closing one eye always screwed me up......

It sucks for sure, but you can get by. Those guys with 20/20 are lucky.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:31 PM
Typical Buck

Vision problems, huh... Who said that? I can't see you.. Sounds like it's time to buy a pair of glasses.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:38 PM
Typical Buck

I'm the only one in my family of five that isn't blind as a bat. My Dad, Mom, Brother & Sister couldn't see three feet without specks. It looks like its finally catching me. I can still see better that my wife while she is wearing her glasses.
Old 09-07-2005, 02:51 PM
Typical Buck

The other thing is I shoot more target archery than anything. I shoot a True Spot scope (You see only the five & X on a five spot target). So I'm so used to seeing a clear target. Even shooting a pin I don't worry about the pin I concentrate on the target. That sucks when you can't see the darn thing.

Quick Reply: Eye sight problems

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.