Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Bait is wrong.
0%
Feeders our wrong.
0%
Canned hunts our wrong.
60.00%
Bait and feeders our wrong
0%
Bait and canned hunts our wrong.
4.44%
Feeders and canned hunts our wrong.
6.67%
Feeders, canned hunts, and baiting is wrong
28.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Who thinks baiting/feeders/canned hunts our wrong?

Old 09-04-2005, 11:11 AM

Default RE: Who thinks baiting/feeders/canned hunts our wrong?

"And for the people sayin im hurting the hunting community for voicing my opinion on how i was raised and what i belive in im not. Its just that what i belive in."

As you say above.... Exactly... Read your own words. It is how you were raised and what you belive in. There are others that were raised differently and believe in different things. It does not mean it is wrong. Maybe in your eyes it is and that is fine. But in others, it is legal and it is the way they were raised or they believe. I did not say you were hurting anything, What I said was be careful. As there are folks out there that will use it against you. They may start with Canned hunts and making those illegal ( you would be happy ) when they succeed there, they will make baiting Illegal ( You will be happy ) then when they have the momentum. They will make Bowhunting illegal. Will you still be happy? If they succeed there, then Muzzleloader, then rifle, then no hunting. You may say it will never happen. It has happened in europe and can happen here. I have nothing against your opinion. I am just asking that you use caution when starting issue's that could have a bad affect for everyone in the long run. We will never all agree on anything. Each has their favorite bow, broadhead, arrow, treestand, way of hunting. It does not make it wrong. It is just different from what we do or believe. First try to understand where others are coming from and try to find the positive, instead of jumping right to a poll like this looking for the negatives of things you do not believe it. that is all I am asking. THere is a qoute out there " Seek first to understand, Then, be understood " Did you ever stop to look at it from how someone else may have been raised.
Old 09-04-2005, 12:39 PM

A.D.D Boy, how old are you. From the looks of those pics you look older than I thought. I pictured you as10 or 11.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the law says it's ok, then it's ok. I love these guys that bad mouth guys that bait and hang feeders, then go sit along the edge of a corn field or soy bean field. What about a food plot...same thing. Bait brings them closer so you can make a closer more ethical shot.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:14 AM

I will not even vote on this because it doesnt give more options for what is right.I beleieve that if hunting a certain way is legal in the state you live in then you have every right to hunt that way.I read what you wrote to be kicked off of your team adn i agree a 100% with there decision to do what they did.You need to understand what is right and what is wrong and how to say what you feel.To me this thread is a way of getting back for your being kicked off of the team.You mentioned it in your original thread on this issue.So yes it does have something to do with it.If I was the moderatorI would delete this post and delete you.You are starting crap in this forum and it will only cause more problems and hard feelings.
Get a dictionary and look up poaching then post the deffinition then read it again and think about what it says.I live in a state where baiting and such is illegal.I do not hunt that way but I find nothing wrong with it as long as it is legal form of hunting in that particular state.As for you getting your first deer last year good for you.But you need to stop and think about what you say in your posts before you say it.You got what you deserved.................
Old 09-05-2005, 05:13 AM
Boone & Crockett

I voted canned hunts are wrong.

I've got no problem with anyone who baits deer or hunts over a feeder. Not my first choice of hunting methods, but if it's how someone else wants to do it and it's legal, then go for it.
Ditto.

and this topic is going absolutely noplace very fast. It's been dragged through the mud a zillion times and will end up in personal attacks and after about 12-15 pages of it eventually locked and thrown to the mod trash can. Let's move on to more productive things to argue about[:-]
Old 09-05-2005, 07:57 AM
Dominant Buck

How about those Yankees.[&:]
Old 09-05-2005, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

I voted canned hunts are wrong.

I've got no problem with anyone who baits deer or hunts over a feeder. Not my first choice of hunting methods, but if it's how someone else wants to do it and it's legal, then go for it.
Ditto.

and this topic is going absolutely noplace very fast. It's been dragged through the mud a zillion times and will end up in personal attacks and after about 12-15 pages of it eventually locked and thrown to the mod trash can. Let's move on to more productive things to argue about[:-]
I agree. Let me post on this thread before it gets the ol' CTRL-ALT-DEL. Why would anyone want to go on a canned hunt? Good God man, that is like shooting fish in a barrel!! [:'(] Hunting to me is scouting, planning, using extreme stealth to slip in to a deer's living room undetected, and working hard for the one single deer.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting to me is scouting, planning, using extreme stealth to slip in to a deer's living room undetected, and working hard for the one single deer.
Thats how i feel. Its just like walking into like meals on wheels for deer and shooting them in line i dont consider that hunting.