Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Bait is wrong.
0%
Feeders our wrong.
0%
Canned hunts our wrong.
60.00%
Bait and feeders our wrong
0%
Bait and canned hunts our wrong.
4.44%
Feeders and canned hunts our wrong.
6.67%
Feeders, canned hunts, and baiting is wrong
28.89%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Who thinks baiting/feeders/canned hunts our wrong?

Old 09-03-2005, 05:45 PM

Default RE: Who thinks baiting/feeders/canned hunts our wrong?

canned hunts are for the rich[:'(]you should just go to your local petting zoo i consider it being the same, without the high price tag.
Old 09-03-2005, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

I doubt this kid has even seen a deer other then TV. Have you read some of his post? If you do besure to put on some rubber boots becuase youll need them to wade through all the BS.
Old 09-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you want me to post the pics of the deer iv killled Big game hunter? You send me all these bs pms sayin your a lier and all this crap but you never reply.

So where's the option to vote that baiting/feeders/"canned" hunts are 'right'? I mean, what kind of stupid poll is this anyway? Rather one sided, don't you think?

How about a poll about what's right or best in hunting rather than what's wrong with it? Why are so many hunters so focused on negatives?
I would of put that option in if i wanted the opinion of people who thought it was right. I said i posted this because i wanted to see who else felt the same way i do.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:33 PM

ADD boy
I dont think any of them are wrong. I believe deer, hogs, cows, carrots etc were put on this earth as food. We hunt and kill them for entertainment. I have killed wild hogs with a rifle, bow and arrow, with a knife while a big mean dog had ahold of its ear and with a .22 pistol while it was in a trap. Sometimes I like it difficult, sometimes I like it easy. No means ofharvesting a food sourceis right while another is wrong. You and the law have to be the ultimate guardian of your morality. I personally do not hunt over feeders much but have no problem if you do. I hunt food plots if the deer are coming to them. Natural food sources if they are not. I just walk right up to carrots and yank them out of the ground. If you want to fumble around blindfolded with your legs tied together to make it more sporting for the carrotsthats great. Just don't impose your morality on me.

Ps You need to look up the word poaching. It is generally considered to be the illegal taking of game. Illegal being the key word here.
Old 09-03-2005, 11:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Wow. Kicked you off the team for your thoughts?[&:]
Old 09-04-2005, 01:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

If it is legal in that paticular state than it is not poaching. This post will go no where, it has been drug to the gorund many times. If you want to pull off something old than pull off your briefs. You sound bitter about the team and all.
Old 09-04-2005, 05:23 AM

I have not been on this forum for long, and for the part enjoy to conversation and learn new things, but when I see posts like this, it concerns me. You know what they say about opinions, evryone has one. But to get upset in our sport about someone else's opinion and make a post like this polling for negative information can back fire, big time. Are you a serious hunter ADD Boy? Because if you are, you can seriously hurt the future of Hunting with posts like this. As remember, it is not just Hunters and archers that can come here and read this information. Organization's like PETA and others can take this and use against us. They will manipulate what is said to fit their purpose and make it look like even hunters are against hunters. ( they do it anyway, but this just gives them more fuel. I have my own opinions regarding all the things you ask about, but if I don't agree with it, I just don't do it. If it is legal, then so be it. Here is an example of how it can backfire on you. In NJ many years ago, there was discussion about broadheads and size and even hunters were discussing ( some arguing over what the minimum should be ). Well PETA came up with the Idea not to stop bowhunting, but to make the use of a Razor sharp arrow poins illegal. They were getting allot of support and without allot of folk realizingf it, could have ultimately banned Bowhunting in the state, not by going after the sport, but one small, but very critical part of it, Had the United Bowhunters and the NRA not stepped in, they may have won that battle and we as archers would have lost. This is a very short version, there is allot more to this story, but the point is, your difference in opinion in what is and wrong is your opinion and other may have the same opinion, but when you try to work on what you think is Negative about the sport, beaware there are others out there who can take that and use it to go even further and eliminate things later, that you do not feel are bad, but they do. Use caution when focusing on what you think is wrong. Most TImes it it better for the masses if you work on what is right and help that grow.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

Do you want me to post the pics of the deer iv killled Big game hunter?

Sure but you'll just find some "reason" not to.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:53 AM
Typical Buck

This cant be the Bowhunting.com forum? Oh my God...
Old 09-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ps You need to look up the word poaching. It is generally considered to be the illegal taking of game. Illegal being the key word here.
Do you not read? I said that i consider that poaching ME not what the dictionary says. And for the people sayin im hurting the hunting community for voicing my opinion on how i was raised and what i belive in im not. Its just that what i belive in.

And big game hunter this is my button buck the one in the snow and in the red truck. And the other one in the green truck was my doe i got last season. Iv been hunting for about 3 years technically 5 but that was with my dad and i dont consider that hunting cause if it wasnt for him and his drinking and drugs i could of gotten a deer those seasons.

Quick Reply: Who thinks baiting/feeders/canned hunts our wrong?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.