Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

compounds

Old 09-02-2005, 06:55 PM

Default compounds

wow, i can't belive so maney people believe a compound" bow" is a bow and that it is archery. i mean really it just a machine made piece of metal and fiberglass that flings arrows out at unnatrual speeds. and any bozo with half a brain can shoot one accuratly, with magnified scope, lazer range finders and those stupid trigger releases i mean really No Skill! it takes a skileld archer to hit the bull at 25 yards with a wooden bow, no sights shooting instinctively. you guys any you so called bows really wow whay would you shoot that crap?
[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

ok now before you get the pitch forks and shot guns or even those "bows" out and kick me off this forum i want you to know, that this was a test. i wanted you guys to know waht we trad archers get everytime we shoot alongside a high tech archer.
every time it's "wow a stick and string how quaint" or "you really gonan shoot that THING?"
or " why in the world woudl you shoot that piece of crap, really those where out dated in the dark ages" and other put downs. id like to knwo how you guyts feela bout this, or any other putting down of archers cause of the gear they choose to shoot. thank you for not getting pissed
Old 09-02-2005, 07:04 PM

Default RE: compounds

We get put down too, as you have demonstrated.

Yet another pointless post from a jealous member.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Had me going there for a min. LOL
Old 09-02-2005, 07:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well I was all ready to ream you a new one on this and how the spears were killing long before the long bow came along and the evolution of archery over the years etc... etc...

But, I would actually love to take up traditional archery. I did buy a 1964 Bear Kodiak last year and was planning on using it for a first bow but after looking it over (almost perfect condition) and realizing what it was worth I decided to sell it to a collector instead and make about $400.

Eventually I am going to take up traditional archery when I can find the extra time to practice. As it is now I barley have enough spare time to stay up with the compound shooting.[&:]
Old 09-02-2005, 07:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I could care less what a person is shooting. We're all archers in my book.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:59 PM
Typical Buck

For those who would make cracks or jokes at you are the kind of archers
who I would not expect to find here. In fact I tip my hat and have great respect
for a stickbow shooter. I plan on getting into it some time for more challenge.
Just don't get us fired up that way next post!!
Old 09-03-2005, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

Cossbows!!![:@]
That's where I draw the line!!
It's no more than a gun flinging arrows!!![:'(]
Now that is not archery!
Old 09-03-2005, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you draw it back under your own power and let go, I don't care what the rest of the bow is made of.
I respect more rather than look down on trad guys. Arrogance and attitude towards either direction isn't good. I've always said if I had more time to practice I'd hunt trad....but you know, as much as I've shot my bow this past year, I bet I could be good enough if I had been shooting trad the whole time.
Old 09-03-2005, 08:34 AM
Dominant Buck

While all you folks are arguing over who is the most Macho and the true bowhunter.... I'm out hunting. I don't have time for this crap.[8D][8D]
Old 09-03-2005, 09:13 AM

Ive always wanted to shoot traditional archery, never could find the time, plus it would be hard to haul those beasts into a treestand to hunt with! Otherwise I have great respect for trad archers, it takes alot of skill.

Quick Reply: compounds

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.