Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

STRIKE!!!!!!!!!

Old 09-01-2005, 07:10 PM

Default STRIKE!!!!!!!!!

[]well it looks like im going to have a extra long labor day weekend this year. I just found out our teachers will be striking tuesday september 6. This isnt the first time either this will be the second strike in about 5 yrs. well at least i wont have to set in class every day waiting for the archery season to come in. I guesse i will miss going to machine shop but thats it.Archery should seem to come alot faster than if i was in school. the teachers must want more money or somthing and school will end at like the end of June wich will suck because our summer will be really short. But i wouldnt be suprised if someone throws something at the teachers wile there protesting. If you think a strike is cool because u dont go to school well its not because alot of vacation time is lost and Christmas vac will be like two or three days instead of two weeks. I just wish they would strike during the archery season.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:20 PM

Default RE: STRIKE!!!!!!!!!

Teachers! You can't live with 'em, and you can't shoot 'em!
Old 09-01-2005, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

Never heard of a teacher strike before. Can't be good.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats nothing our teachers cant even print stuff off for us. Our printer once it reaches a limit it shuts down everyday.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:04 PM

My wife is a teacher.

Please do not make the mistake of pointing the fingers at them. For the work they do, they tend to make low pay, have to deal with behaviorally-challenged students, get no/little respect from their students, their parents, and the administration. I am sure they are fighting for fair wages and healthcare and you cant deny them that.

As bad as it sucks for you, trust me it sucks worse for them. Take away the money, the benefits, and plus.. imagine the work a teacher must do upon return from strike! Where you only have to catch up yourself, they have to catch up 20+ students to where they should have been. Have a little sympathy.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

My teachers went on strike a couple of years ago....right after x-mas during the late ML season. I could of hugged everyone of them when i found that out.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Please do not make the mistake of pointing the fingers at them. For the work they do, they tend to make low pay, have to deal with behaviorally-challenged students, get no/little respect from their students, their parents, and the administration. I am sure they are fighting for fair wages and healthcare and you cant deny them that.

As bad as it sucks for you, trust me it sucks worse for them. Take away the money, the benefits, and plus.. imagine the work a teacher must do upon return from strike! Where you only have to catch up yourself, they have to catch up 20+ students to where they should have been. Have a little sympathy.
Very well said! Our contract ran out this year and we did not settle either.....though we chose not to strike. Definitely step into the shoes of a teacher who may be supporting a spouse and children before thinking that it is all done in greed.

Though, I must admit, I wouldn't mind a few days off during archery season.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:48 AM

I don't mean to put down teachers, but 65% of my state's budget goes toward education........ what more do they want from us?
Old 09-02-2005, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its interesting to see that the same issues happen in the USA as up here in Canada regarding teachers. We have strikes every time a contract is negotiated. Up here a teacher presently maxes out at $72.000.00 and they just signed a 3 yr deal that will bump that up 10% so pay is not a good issue up here anyways, and they have the best pension plan in the country. What those poor folks have to do is put up with kids that have all kinds of behavioural issues and learning disabilities in many cases never mind the ever increasing violence. They are very well paid but deserve every penny. What burns me is that being unionized there are a few who are untouchable and should have never been accepted into the profession. But in my experience ( 2 young kids ) with the school system its mostly the overly political school boards that mess up education, they should just let the teachers do thier jobs ! I'll get down off my soapbox now.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:46 AM

i want to ask a question to see what you guys think..
Why is it that schools have such a problem with kids misbehaving?

Here are a few of the main reasons in my opinion
1. In todays society no-one takes blame for their own actions. i.e spilled coffee ='s mcdonalds getting sued.

2. Many of todays kids are given some form of ADD or depression medication.
between 1995 and 1999 the use of Ritalin and Adderall increased by 26% among childreen and teens. is this because more kids became less attentive? or because more doctors pushed a drug on a family to line their pockets? Now how many of you knew this, that in a study by Brookhaven National Laboratory in Upton, New York, it was in found that even in pill form that Ritalin blocked far mor of the brain transporters that affect mood and had a GREATER POTENCY IN THE BRAIN THAN COCAINE. it was actually found to block 20% more transporters than cocaine. Many children that are "diagnosed" with ADD could also be helped through an eating plan http://www.mercola.com/nutritionplan/index.htm.

Also in this same time span the use ofzoloft and prozac type drugs increased in teens and children by 62%... Well the number one side effect of zoloft and prozac are suicidal tendencies.
The reason i am ranting about these things to you guys is this... This past week a man that was a friend of mine his father died... The dad had broken up with his girlfriend and was trying to get over it... so he went to his doctor and was put on an Anti-depressant. about a week later he started feeling like he wanted to kill himself so he went back to the doctor and he was told that he should just take more of that medicine... so he went and got a second opinion. well the new doctor took him off the medicine and prescribed him something different but told him not to start taking the medicine until he had too. about2 weeks went by and he was doing great but he was having a bad day one day and decided to take the medicine... the next day he went to visit his grandkids at my friends house. While he was there he went into the basement and killed himself. i cannot imagine what could compel a man with a loving family to do such a thing. It really breaks my heart.. so please before you guys look in your medicine cabinet this evening make sure you go online and read the side effects, and don't let them play any of them down. also try to look at what we are teaching our children by taking 10 pills every day. there are better ways to heal our body. We were created with the power within to heal, but we must remove the interference so that our body can do so....

Now just to let you guys know i have nothing against medicine, if were hit by a bus on the way home please someone give me some morphine or something... it just sickens me to see our society overdrugged when all that the medicine is doing is masking a symptom...

Dustin

Quick Reply: STRIKE!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.