Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

fawn call

Old 09-01-2005, 04:43 PM

Default fawn call

Have any of you guys ever used a fawn distress call to bring in does?
Old 09-01-2005, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: fawn call

yes, but only during the preseason. I've all but been run over by them. haven't had much luck in the actual season though.
Old 09-01-2005, 04:49 PM

hmmm. I've been thinking about trying it this year.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:45 PM

Yup. It works great! Only one problem I had was it does call in coyotes. Well thats ok if you want to take a few of them out.
Old 09-01-2005, 05:57 PM

That might be fun
Old 09-01-2005, 09:12 PM

I was really hoping someone else might chime in on this thread.

I was looking at a combination fawn bleat / doe bleat call.. Still havent decided if I will give it a try. (I hunt for meat, not antlers).
Old 09-01-2005, 09:23 PM
Fork Horn

I watched a Primos video last year, and they used a fawn in destress call, so I went and tried it, it works really well, maybe to well,, I about got ran over,, the doe came in so fast and hard that you just cant get a shot, and they run right where they hear the sound comming from, and they don't stop... They will run you right over.. I would just stick with a bleat or a doe grunt,, that seams to work the best..and with the estrus bleat you could get in a buck also,, I use Primos The Can,, works great...
Old 09-01-2005, 10:11 PM

ORIGINAL: callemin

Yup. It works great! Only one problem I had was it does call in coyotes. Well thats ok if you want to take a few of them out.
speaking of coyotes,
i was using a mouthcall (turkey triple read call) making long cries, trying to sound like a rabbit in distress. when all of a sudden a doe come a runnin in from behind me. i think as fast as she could goscaring the droppings out of me right there.

give that a try, bet it might just works for you to.
just watch your back...

PT
Old 09-01-2005, 11:44 PM

I just bough a Lohman Fawn Bleat call last month and was planning on using it this season. Seeing as how it works so well for does, I migh use it on the Michigan youth hunt and bag a mature doe as my 1st deer!
Old 09-02-2005, 02:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

All I had was a negative response.Anytime I tried it on a doe far off their tails went up and they ran away.Things just dont work the same in the burbs as they do in the deep woods.I think the does take it as a danger sign and run away and the hey with their baby

Quick Reply: fawn call

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.