Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NO GAS DAY

Old 09-01-2005, 04:29 PM

Default RE: NO GAS DAY

Was buying gas at the Hess station 10 min ago and the truck came in to fill up the station tanks. I paid $3.19 a gallon for 87 octain. As i was pumping they raised the price $.03 a gallon. I'M SORRY I VOTED FOR THAT MORON BUSH!!!
Old 09-01-2005, 05:40 PM

I think the U.S. needs to take a hard look at the way they have been doing buisness...I mean we have been setting ourselves up for this for years by not exploring our own resources and by letting the auto industry continue to produce gas guzzling vehicles... They have set up new guidelines that the auto industry is now going to have to comply by in increasing the fuel mileage....I mean if they can suddenly do that don't you think they have had the ability the whole time to increase the effiecieny..[&:]And WHY haven't we constructed a new refinery in the last 25yrs. I mean didn't they think that would help somewhere down the road...COME ON!!!! We as a country are going to have to stand up to government and demand some changes[:@]The government after all works for us the taxpayer right? YEAH RIGHT [:'(]I mean gas started going up the very day that this Katrina thing started...If we live that close to the edge w/ our supply of fuel we should be slapped for being so stupid...[:@]
Old 09-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

What exactly did bush do to make this situation? If you recall, he wanted to open up Alaska and build more refineries but the eco-weenies started whining and lambasting him. Do you remember the commercials at election time from the environmental wackos, showing a decimated landscape and implying that was what the wilderness was going to look like if President Bush got his way?
Old 09-01-2005, 05:53 PM

Alwyshntn, I agree with you 100%. Thats why I voted Rep. sowe would possibly start becoming self sufficient. ( drill more oil wells and so on) But anyway I'm no bleeding heart liberal[:@]but I cant see me voting republican any time soon. Well enough of that BS. To keep this a hunting thread and not a political one I have to say GO TEAM RACKMASTERS!
Old 09-01-2005, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

There isno sensein drilling in Alaska, geologists have shown evidence that there would be no more than Six months worth of usable oil and the majority of it is in such remote areas that it is almost inaccessible. If they spent the time and effort to get at what oil is there, the cost would deffinetly outway the benefit. I believe it was the owners of Texaco companies, that outright admitted they made $94 billon in net profit in 04'. Oil, is becoming tougher to obtain but not to the tune of $94 billon dollars. They are just taking advantage of the public and like idiots we just keep lining their pockets.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Fork Horn

We as a country are going to have to stand up to government and demand some changes[:@]The government after all works for us the taxpayer right? YEAH RIGHT [:'(]I mean gas started going up the very day that this Katrina thing started...If we live that close to the edge w/ our supply of fuel we should be slapped for being so stupid...[:@]
Couldn't agree with you more on this one!!! There are so many things that are going on and we just sit around and let it happen. Show the government your voice, start writing letters, and stand up for what you believe in. Until everyone does that we are just going to slowly become a third world country. Hell we are in one of the most oil rich countries in the world and we have dumped quite a bit into that country, why don't we just pull up with some tankers and let them pay us back for our time served. I think that would help us out a lot, dont you???

Anyway, cant wait till Oct 1st. Have to put some food on the table while I am busy spending the rest of my hard earned money on fuel!!! Glad my hunting property is only a few miles away!!!
Old 09-02-2005, 03:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oil, is becoming tougher to obtain but not to the tune of $94 billon dollars. They are just taking advantage of the public and like idiots we just keep lining their pockets.
Notice how every time the price per barrel raises $1 we get a price raise at the pumps. These oil execs are driving the market up knowing that we will pay. I wouldn't look for it ever to be much below $2/gallon again.
Its not all gasoline though, all petrolium product prices (mainly plastics and rubber) are rising.
If the politicians really have our interests in mind then they would eliminate the tax on gasoline altogether. That money we save ($.40 per gallon in Illinois) would still be pumped back in to the economy and be taxed.
Old 09-02-2005, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

My neighbors are Over the Road Truckers (OTR), and called yesterday from Atlanta, fuel there was $5.95. They belong to OOIDA, (Owner Operator Independent Driver Assoc.) based out of Grain Valley, MO. OOIDA found out that our Gov. exports more refined oil, (gas, from our refineries) to other countries, mostly Mexico, than it imports from other countries. Kinda makes you wonder who is pocketing the money?
Old 09-02-2005, 05:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well I hope it wasn't going on in PA yesterday as I bought gas. Today would be a better day for me.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:02 AM

im guessing hill never took an ecinomics class the president can only beg the arabs for more fuel the environmentalists have been able to keep the epa from allowing new refineries for the last 20 years our refineries have been running at 90 percent plus capacitie so when e few go down where screwed we cant even drill for oil we have in the us let alone refine it since demand is high and supply low price goes up since i understand basic ecinomics i started adding oil stocks to my portfollio mostly oil tankers if the us wont drill for oil they have to ship it and there is only a few tankers for all the oil going to the us and china so guess who is makeing money

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.