Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

OK all digi trail cam users, I have some questions for you.

Old 09-01-2005, 06:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: OK all digi trail cam users, I have some questions for you.

If I was buying another camera I would go with the Cuddeback, I have one and love it, I get about 2 months out of 4 D-cell batteries with somewhere around 1500 pictures, The trigger speed is the best, less than 1 second. It has paid for itself over and over again, with around 4000 pictures last year and getting close to 2000 already this year, My old 35 was costing me around 10 bucks for each roll of film {24 exposure} by the time you bought the film, change batteries after every 2 to 3 rolls in the summer and alot quicker in cold weather and then the developing cost. In my opinion the Cuddeback is one of the best values there are in digital game cameras.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:03 AM

strut said it all, my Cuddeback gets about 1200+ pics on one set of batteries and has paid for itself over and over again. I also have a Trailtimer cam that has finally quit working ofter 5 years, and it was the best 35 mm Ive ever used, and Im sending it back for repair, just to keep around. I just purchased the Moultrie from Wal Mart and it seems to be pretty good, not 2 megapixel but good enough for the money. I dont know how long the batteries last yet, but they arent dead yet. It uses 6 volt lantern battery, and I got a rechargeable, it claims about 20 days on a battery, well see, Ill keep ya posted on how long it lasts. For good pics and fastest trigger time, and best battery life, Id have to recommend the Cuddeback, you wont be sorry, but if you have to stay under 200 bucks the moultrie aint bad either.
Old 09-01-2005, 08:02 AM
Fork Horn

I have two of T_in_PA3's homemade digital trail cameras and I love them! One is a 3.2mp and the other is 4.1mp. They both run on 2 AA' and a 9v.
When I put one over a mineral lick I'll get around 400 pics in two weeks before the AA's in the camera are dead(on the 1 minute delay between pics). When I put it on a logging road or trail, I'll get around 300 pics in 6 weeks and the camera takes my picture when I check it.
When I first bought the camera, I also went out and bought extra cards and rechargable batteries for the cameras. When I check the cameras, I just pop them open, switch the old batteries for fully charged, and switch the memory cards, then close them back up. I'm in and out of the location in about 2 minutes.
Like I said, I already have two of Todd's cameras and when I'm ready, I'll buy another from him.
If it really cost around $10 per 24exp in a 35mm, including film, developing, batteries, and now gas to run them into town, I would have spent almost $900 since Easter on trail cameras. WOW!
Brian
Old 09-01-2005, 12:29 PM

Hey OSTDC

You got a link to where you got your cameras?
Old 09-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

Go back a few posts in this thread and look for one by T_in_PA3. Email him about it. Todd is a great guy to work with. If he has a camera ready, get it! Probably cost between $380-$400.
Brian