Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Small Kids Compound

Old 08-30-2005, 10:40 AM
Typical Buck

Default Small Kids Compound

Does anyone make a nice compound bow that will fit my daughter. She's 4 years old and is pretty small for her age but shecan shoot them cheap bows pretty well.

Her wing span is 37'' which according to my calculations puts her at around an 11'' draw length. The shortest bow I've found is a Mini Genesis. They say it goes from 14-22". The other I've seen are The Stacey Bows they look really nice but only go down to 17".

Thanks For any help,
BHD
Old 08-30-2005, 10:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Small Kids Compound

I don't think anyone makes one that goes that small, but I may be wrong. I used a 15-18" compound for my son when he was 4. I just twisted it down as short as I could get it and it worked out. If you do find a small one, I wouldn'tspend much money on it...she will probably out grow it quickly. Good luck
Old 08-30-2005, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

O got my boy a Browning Micro Midas II 5 years ago it was on the big side for him then but now it perfect! Plus it has more room to grow! I have him all set up with a release and carbon arrows and he has an excellent grouping! He loves his bow! Good luck!
Old 08-30-2005, 11:04 AM
Typical Buck

If I measure her as she would hold her bow. From the corner of her mouth to where her hand would sit on the grip it's 14"[/align]
Old 08-30-2005, 11:07 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: WV Hunter

I don't think anyone makes one that goes that small, but I may be wrong. I used a 15-18" compound for my son when he was 4. I just twisted it down as short as I could get it and it worked out. If you do find a small one, I wouldn'tspend much money on it...she will probably out grow it quickly. Good luck
I have a son thats just 6 months old so if she ot grows it it should still fit him!
I would spend 200.00 for a nice bow.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

200.00 is what I paid for the Browning Micro Midas package. They now have the MM III out, still the same price!
Old 08-30-2005, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

I also put a Wisker Bisquit on it. He was having trouble keeping the arrow on the rest and getting frustrated while shooting. Which was not good! Now all he has to do is concentrate and aim! Which he does well!
Old 08-30-2005, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

The micro midas is probably the best bow out there for young kids.It is a nice bow with a huge adjustment.

But that is way too big for your daughter IMO. My son is 7 and it's just right for him. Like I said...there may be a bow out there, I just don't know anyone that makes them smaller than 15". The micro midas is 18-28" I believe.

IMO, you should find a decent small bow that is as close to fitting her as possible (if you can't find one that actually fits)....twist it down, and go with that for a couple years. I think the one I bought my son cost $60 shipped and it worked great. They can't pull much weight at that age anyhow. I think the one I got was 15-25lbs and probably less once I twisted it down. My 4yr old daughter shoots it now and she thinks she's cool.

Good luck
Old 08-30-2005, 11:40 AM
Typical Buck

I called Stacey Archery. They said that their Tom Thumb would fit her very well. They will also up grade the string, cable & wheels when she out grows it for around $35.00.
Check out the link. Pretty cool looking bows!!

http://www.staceyarchery.com/
Old 08-30-2005, 11:41 AM
New Sheriff

Do NOT get the Genesis bow.

I got one for my son, it's a piece of crap.

Quick Reply: Small Kids Compound

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.