Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So Um...I was Wondering...

Old 08-29-2005, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: So Um...I was Wondering...

Hunte all privat land in West Virginia (approx 1800 acres) and 110 in PA. I am so thankful that I can.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:20 PM

ORIGINAL: Illinois Bowhuntin

I am hoping to go to KAnsas Nebraska or Colorado to hunt some Mulies or Elk.HAs always been a dream of mine to bow hunt one.
Nebraska's got some great Mulie hunting. Last year i seen one that would have made state record easy. If i would of had my rifle instead of my bow he'd be on my wall by now.
Old 08-29-2005, 03:24 PM
Dominant Buck

About 50-50 anymore , but I used to hunt publics extensively . Use topo maps to locate promising terrain features away from the main entry points for larger publics , or use the same feature to locate small little known ones with access and a proximity to cover , food , and/or water .
Old 08-29-2005, 03:56 PM

i hunt nothing but private. where at in MO are we taking here. i dont live in Mo but own some land there and have a cabin there by mark twain lake, ralls co. i've got some nice pics of bucks in Mo.
Old 08-29-2005, 04:47 PM

I almost totally hunt public land also. I usually hunt during the week and avoid the weekends. I rarely see other hunters even on the small areas. It's a mad house on some public land during the weekends with hunters everywhere. You don't have to wear orange for bowhunting but you take your life in your own hands if you don't
Old 08-29-2005, 06:06 PM
Spike

Mostly private. I just walk 200 yards from my house to my ground blind. Shot three deer there last year. I will be heading up there in four days. I also usually make a trip out to thewestern part of the stateto hunt mule deer. That is on public land. Will be going out there in about two weeks.
Old 08-29-2005, 06:37 PM
Typical Buck

i mostly hunt public land in central florida but this year i'll be huntin' a couple times in georgia on a new lease we got....i think huntin' public land is waaaaaaaaay more rewarding. (just my opinion)
Old 08-29-2005, 06:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

It’s fairly easy to find a good hunting spot on public land in Pa. The problem is finding a quality spot where some jerk doesn’t come walking in at 9:00 in the morning smoking cigarettes, hacking, stepping on every downed branch in the woods and trying to climb a up a tree with most of his gear at home or back in the truck. Usually after the first week these hunters? give up and go to the nearest bar to do what they do best then it's possible to have a quality hunting spot.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:16 PM

I am scared of public land andhave always hunted private land, but 3 yrs ago the persons land I hunted on wanted more money for me to hunt, I was already paying all his taxes. So I broke down got a loan and bought my own land. Back then I paid $750.00 an acre and thought that was high but now land is around $2000.00 per acre here. It wasone of the best things I have everdone. Since I have built a small cabin and garage and spend most weekends at the property.

Old 08-29-2005, 07:42 PM

TC, that's a nice setup you have there. Just to give you guys an idea of land in my area of Howard and Carrol County, Maryland. The cheapest acre is close to $40,000. I have seen them as high as $1 Million. You can still find land for around $2500 an acre in western Md.[&:]

Quick Reply: So Um...I was Wondering...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.