Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What broadheads do you shoot??

Old 08-25-2005, 08:43 PM

Default RE: What broadheads do you shoot??

Cut on contact blades with bleeder blades are the way to go. Matched with some stiff carbon fiber arrows you have a combo that can't loose.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:50 PM

Magnus stingers, or magnus vent blades. 100 grain.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:56 PM

I'm shooting Crimson Talon and spitfire's they work pretty good,
good luck!
Old 08-25-2005, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Been using the 125 thunderheads and can't complain about the results, if it don;t drop them, its not my broadheads fault, but my own. []

Bobby
Old 08-25-2005, 09:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Check my signature....

I shot NAP Thunderheads for a few years, then discovered Magnus Stingers and couldn't believe how sharp they are (I mean they are wickedly sharp!!!) [&:] They fly amazing and very accurate too. Then on top of that I heard all the raves and commotion on Slick Tricks and decided I wanted to try them too. Slick Tricks are an awesome little broadhead and fly exactly like a field tip (seriously, they do!).

Now I just have to put the two of them through a final showdown to see who earns the #1 spot in the quiver. But for now I have 2 Stingers and 2 Slick Tricks in the quiver ready to go.
Old 08-25-2005, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wasp Boss 100 grain------
Old 08-25-2005, 10:09 PM

Nugent blades 125 grain
They work great!
Old 08-25-2005, 10:11 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: callemin

100 gr Montec G-5's. It is the first year using them. I have heard nothing but good things about them.
I have been using either the Thunderhead 100's or the Spitfire Mechanical 100's but after reading aboutthe Montec G-5's I gotta tell ya. I just may need to look into them and try them out.

Dang! I hate this place. I was just fine in myown little world with my own little broadheads, but nooooooooo, I had to come here and start reading about this broadhead and that broadhead and this arrow and that arrow etc..... This is costing me money!Hard earned money I might add. I know some of you may think it was easy money playing football and all but hey! I had to smack around alot of linebackers and d-tackles to earn that dough, and I have to scars to prove it[&:]And do you know that they actually made us big slobs run? Don't they know that 325lb linemen aren't made to run huh? they are suposed to just stand there and let me run them over..........the nerve of them.............it's a conspiracy I tell you.A conspiracy against us caloric-ly challenged folk

What's this got to do about broadheads again?
Old 08-25-2005, 10:13 PM

I am using 100 gr Rocket Sidewinders (3 blade). I have had great success with them so I figure they are doing something right for me.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:29 AM

I have been shooting the Grim Reapers since late last season after seeing the devastation they were doing for my brother and brother-in-law.These things are indestructable, sharp, and great entry and exit holes. Good all around broadhead I am going to play around with these Magnus Stingers I am hearing so much about though.

Quick Reply: What broadheads do you shoot??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.