Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Twisted peep tubing

Old 08-25-2005, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Twisted peep tubing

I just got a new string put on my bow i still had the old peep and kisser button put backon, but the guy put new tubing on the peep. It just keeps twisting, i can take it off untwist it shoot once or twice and its twisted again. what should i do?
Old 08-26-2005, 05:58 AM

Default RE: Twisted peep tubing

It sounds like your tube is to long, take the end of that hooks to the string, cut it so it is only 1" past the string where it connects. If that doesn't help, You might have to have the guy take a twist or more out of the new string. Shoot it a few times at his place to make sure it is ok.
Old 08-26-2005, 08:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Twisted peep tubing

It sounds to me like you have a string that is breaking in and stretching some. This is going to happen, especially with most generic strings. One thing that most shops don't do, however, is put enough twists in a string, which makes matters worse. The string should have about one rotation (twist) for every 2" of string length. This'll help stabilize the string. Then take it out and shoot it without the tubing on for about 50 shots or so and see if things settle down. Then attach the tube. You may get lucky and find you don't even need the tube anymore.

Of course, this assumes that it's the string twisting and not the tube. I've never seen a rubber tube twist yet.