Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Heading to Cody, WY in November!

Old 08-25-2005, 12:45 PM

Default Heading to Cody, WY in November!

Hey All,

On a whim, two buddies and I put in for some surplus Wyoming deer tags in area F near the city of Cody, WY. We were disappointed to be denied IA tags this fall and decided to try something completely new. We're going out there completely foreign to the area.

There are two special permission areas near Cody; one is called the Heart Mountain Management Area (just north of Cody), and the other is called Carter Moutain Management Area (just south of Cody).

http://gf.state.wy.us//wildlife/access/plpw/management/hunter_mgmt.asp

I was wondering if any of you all have any knowledge of those areas or any other promising BLMareas near Cody that may offer a chance at a decent mulie buck. There's TONS of it, but I'm wondering if some areas are better than others.I'm hoping to head out there in November, as educated as possible ahead of time. Of course, I'm sure there's no replacement forputting some miles on my boots. If you have any knowledge of mule good deer hunting near Cody, WY, I'd be oblidged if you could offer me some direction. Send me a PM if you'd prefer.

Thanks,
John
Old 08-29-2005, 09:19 AM

Default RE: Heading to Cody, WY in November!

Any Wyoming hunters on the forum?