Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

kisser or peep?

Old 08-24-2005, 11:01 PM

Default kisser or peep?

Just wondering how many of you use a kisser button instead of a peep site?

I have used both and I perfer the kisser button. One less thing to interfer with my vision of my sight and the target. Having glasses don't help that at all either.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:15 PM

Default RE: kisser or peep?

jager a kisser only assures you consitent anchor point. A good peep not only does that as well, but it also assures you are lined up windage wise. You can still be right or left of your string with a kisser. For over 10 years now I have used and ONLY recommend the Surz peep. I even bore it out a lil more . I can shoot in practical darkness but it still does all the anchoring and sight alignment things that a peep does. IMHO a bowsight without a peep is like shooting a rifle with only the front sight!

I personally think kissers went out with parachute pants and mullets!
RA
Old 08-25-2005, 01:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I personally prefer a solid anchor point to a kisser. The only way a kisser will be consistant is if you literally kiss it with the tips of your lips, or to place it on a tooth. But then again, I don't use a peep either. No need to loose the shooting light with products with the No-Peep.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:15 AM
Fork Horn

i use both
Old 08-25-2005, 05:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

just a kisser
Old 08-25-2005, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: RedAllison
IMHO a bowsight without a peep is like shooting a rifle with only the front sight!
DING DING DING!!! We have a winner here folks!

For me, Igotta have a peep sight. I mean, it just has to be there. If I shot a bow without a peep, I'd probably be all over the place! [&:]
Old 08-25-2005, 05:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Take off the front sight and you don't need the rear one. Use the Force![8D] Really, I think barebow is the only way to go with a hunting bow.
Old 08-25-2005, 05:29 AM
Bartender

I currently use a peep and cant use a kisser on my hoyt magnatec 1999. I am also thinking about taking my peep off and swithing to a peepeliminator. See following article and let me know what you think?
http://www.fastestbows.com/reviews/peep_eliminator_compound_bow_sight.htm
Peak
Old 08-25-2005, 06:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Peakrut....

That sight sort of looks like a variation on the weird looking "Eradicator" type of bow sight. http://www.eradicator.com
Old 08-25-2005, 06:33 AM

Kisser and peep - I know its redundant but if it makes me more comfortable I see no problem.

Quick Reply: kisser or peep?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.