Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

gorrila climbing sticks

Old 08-23-2005, 08:45 AM

Default gorrila climbing sticks

im planing on getting some any one have them that has had success are they light and how long is each section
Old 08-23-2005, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: gorrila climbing sticks

They are almost a clone to the Lone Wolf's. They come in sections of three, weigh about 8#, and are 34" long. A bungie cord or two and they can be hooked to a hang-on stand and backpacked right in with the stand.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:00 PM

hey, i checked and the gorrila climbing sticks weigh 18 lbs, compared to the lone wolfs 7 lbs, i bought some lone wolf climbing sticks and couldn't be happier. all of their products will cost you but they are worth saving a little more money and getting. i have had them all, api, summit and gorrila get the lone wolf.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sold a set of Lone Wolf sticks last year and have regretted it ever since. This spring I compared the Lone Wolf and the Gorilla sticks side by side. At first glance they do appear identical. However, there are some differences between the two. The obvious difference is weight...the Gorillas are noticeably heavier.The Lone Wolf sticks weighed 7.5 lbs versus 12 lbs for the Gorillas. Second, the versa button on the Lone Wolf sticks allows for left or right handed connection to the tree. The Gorillas do not have this feature. Third difference, the "v-brace" that sets the sticksoff the tree pivots on the Lone Wolf. The Gorillas have a similar "v-brace" but it does not pivot.

I found the Lone Wolf sticks are a little easier to put up and because the v-brace pivots they would probably be a little more stable on a crooked tree.

The Gorillas do have one thing going for them....they were only 69 bucks compared to 99 for the Lone Wolf sticks. If I packed the sticks in a long ways and/or climbed a lot of crooked trees I would have to seriously consider the Lone Wolf, otherwise the Gorillas would seem to be a solid choice.