Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting.... Team or Solo?

Old 08-22-2005, 06:24 PM

Default Hunting.... Team or Solo?

I was just curious how many of you hunted with someone else? I NEVER hunt by myself. Not just for safety reasons, but also I enjoy the experience better when I'm with my friends. Plus, they are my proof that I wasn't lying!! We sometimes video tape our hunts. That is a real joy. Its amazing how strong a friendship can grow when your sitting up in a tree waiting to kill something!
Old 08-22-2005, 06:27 PM

Default RE: Hunting.... Team or Solo?

I never hunt in the same tree as another person unless one of us has already gotten a deer and are videoing for the other.

I stay in camp with my father, but I hunt alone. It minimizes the movement, scent, and sound in the tree/blind.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:30 PM

Dont get me wrong, we dont always hunt outta the same tree. Just like you, we only video each other if the other has already filled his tag. We mainly just stay within 100-150 yards of each other. Sorry if that was misleading.
Old 08-22-2005, 06:46 PM

I hunt with my dad whenever he wants to go, he is getting along in years and does not have anyone else to hunt with and I love spending the time out in the woods with him. We hunt in different areas, but take the walkie talkies. Hopefully in a few more years it will also be with my son! I think it is much more enjoyable when you can share the experience.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

I hunt by myself not because I want to but because the place I hunt I am the only one aloud to hunt there. I would like to hunt with other people but so far it's just me.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:22 PM

that depends on what we are hunting? elk, we take 2-3 people out at a time, 1 caller and a hunter down wind and a hunter up higher elevation.
deer well only one other guy, to film and drag!
Old 08-22-2005, 07:29 PM

I would rather hunt with someone else than by myself anyday. I love the commroderie and enjoying the hunt with someone else. I also hunt by myself wuite often but if I had the chance I'd hunt with a friend.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

I allways hunt with some one.My boy is geting to be a very good caller for elk. I like to have 3 guys or more to call elk.

Now if I am stocking an animal I will do it by my self.If the wife is stocking I will normaly go with her.
Old 08-22-2005, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

unless i'm hunting hogs i usually hunt alone. i do turkey hunt with others sometimes. i reelly like being out in god's creation all by my lonesome. not that i'm antisocial but i don't always have someone to hunt with and i don't always agree with other's ideas of hunting( scent control and such).
Old 08-23-2005, 02:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

ALONE,Me and myself. The only time I get anyone else involved is when I have my wife drag the deer for me.

Quick Reply: Hunting.... Team or Solo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.