Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting.... Team or Solo?

Old 08-23-2005, 02:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hunting.... Team or Solo?

99% of the time i hunt alone...i always tell my husband and my huntin' buddies where i'll be and we have our cell phones in order to keep in touch throughout the day...i don't mind huntin' with someone but i get itchy with a b if the person i'm with moves in anyway...plus i like the time alone. i'm with people alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll the frickin' time and need that alone time in order to destress.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:04 AM

Almost always by myself. I work with people all day long, i have family at home, everything else I do I do with someone else and I like it. But hunting is mine and mine alone. It is a time for me to be away from everyone else and have time to decompress and unwind. Sometimes I will bring someone along and when my sons get older I can see them coming with me quite a bit ( the older one is already starting to tag along sometimes ). But for now it is my time.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:04 AM

Hey Chief,
During bow season, I hunt when I want to hunt and if this happens to fit my buddy's schedule we go together and probably hunt within 200 yards of each other. I'd say half the time during our 3 month bow season I hunt by myself. I enjoy it either way, but I do agree with you that it's more enjoyable to hunt with your buddy and it's safer.

Fire Fighter from New Jersey...out.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I used to hunt with friends and hunting buddies, but now I prefer to hunt solo most of the time. I enjoy talking about the hunt afterwards if others are with me, but I like my chances better by myself.
Old 08-23-2005, 10:10 PM

Both. It depends on which spot I am hunting and my work schedule. Last year was mostly solo. The year before that was mostly with my friend.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Five days each season I hunt with a friend. The balance of the year is MY time. My enjoyment in hunting alone is much more fulfilling than with a bunch of other hunters. I can come and go when I want and enjoy the piece and quiet. I spend too much time scouting and preparing my stands to invite someone along that has no time invested in the hunt.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

If I could find a buddy of mine that takes hunting, scent control, hanging stands in July for a Sept opener and puts in the time I do on the land I hunt....then I would hunt with others. But I haven't found that person yet.