Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PLEASE HELP ???

Old 08-20-2005, 08:49 PM

Default PLEASE HELP ???

This will be my younger sisters first year bowhunting and I pretty much have her setup with everything but broadheads....

Well season is getting closer and I want to get some and have her start shooting w/ them.

She is shooting a Bowtech Miranda at 43# and I want to find her a good SHARP fixed 75gr. broadhead to hunt with. I considered using the Rocket Ultimate Steel but read in a post on here that they were not impressed with how sharp they were and the penetration they got from there..

Any suggestions?????? I'd appreciate it
Old 08-20-2005, 08:59 PM

Default RE: PLEASE HELP ???

80 gr. Magnus Stinger. Yeah, I know you said 75, but the Stinger ain't available in a 75...

Super, Super sharp, and they fly great.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:06 PM

Thanks... I actually looked at those tonite at Bass Pro and thought about them.... I might go back tomorrow and get em...
Old 08-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Typical Buck

Here are some websites that I found that might help you out a little. Hope it helps.

http://www.wildlifeartistry.com/review-broadhead.htm

http://www.american-hunter.com/broadheads/broadhead_test.htm

I don't shoot fixed broadheads, but f I did I think I would go with the slick tricks, everything about them seems good to me.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

My son pulls 45 pounds out of a 2001 Hoyt magna-tec with the single cam. He is using the Magnus stinger 100 grain two blade.

Other light poundage broadheads I would consider and have him use with out hesitation would be the Steel Force premiun heads, Rocky Mountain tradition, G5's montec or B-52 (much improved model now), Razor cap, Simmons new broadhead, and the Wasp sharp shooter.

You got choices galore but I really wouldn't get too hung up with the broadhead being lighter than 100 grains. In fact odds are that a 100 grain broadhead will give you (her) much better ballance (foc) with her arrows and likley better flight.

You are really limiting yourself when you get below 100 grains.
Old 08-21-2005, 07:26 PM

Thanks guys Your advice is much appreciated...I think ZAK123 has turned me onto some Magnus Stingers...Thanks again guys