Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Broadhead Performance Database (Please discuss)

Old 08-19-2005, 02:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Broadhead Performance Database (Please discuss)

And let's make it perfectly clear that we don't want people going out and purposefully aiming for the shoulder blade "just to see what would happen".
Old 08-19-2005, 02:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Broad head Performance Database (Please discuss)

This one time......at deer camp.......I shot a deer right up the arse, put a hole in both shoulder blades and exited through the skull[&:]That was soooo cooool!
Old 08-19-2005, 02:29 PM

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Butchering one's own deer is a very educational experience.
I couldn't agree more............I think this thread is a great idea.........anything that provides more information to help hunters make educated decisions at the cash register and in the field has my full support.

We may even get a few chuckles out of it............."Well, I shot him through the liver, split the heart into 4 chambers and punched both lungs before shattering the spine and slashing both femoral arteries"

Now that is penetration
Old 08-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

There's a lot of upper leg muscle that has nothing to do with the actual shoulder blade. They see a hole in the back of the upper leg and automatically assume thehead smashed through shoulder blade.
...Man is that ever true...

I am amazed at how many peoplethink they have penetrated the scapulas when thereality is they haven't even touched them. Further if a guy squarelyhits the ridgeon the scapula of a mature buck, I don't care what archery setup your shooting, you are not getting a passthrough, you can take that to the bank!
Old 08-19-2005, 07:05 PM

Great idea!
We could discuss adding "the distance the animal traveled after the shot" and also "type of blood trail" ex: heavy, light, constant, broken, or none.
Just a thought.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Bird Hunt Dog

This one time......at deer camp.......I shot a deer right up the arse, put a hole in both shoulder blades and exited through the skull[&:]That was soooo cooool!
LMAO!!!!

I think this is a great idea. I would like to see pics also. Maybe even pics of the cavity of the deer after it has been cleaned showing entry and exit holes. I have nicked and cracked a bunch of ribs but never shot through a deer's shoulder blade. Maybe I'm just a good shot.
Old 08-19-2005, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

Love the idea and I would like to see pics.
Old 08-19-2005, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

I like this thread and all the ideas.... For me it would be:

Classic '96 PSE Edge lefty bow
125gr Magnus Stinger
..........or...........
125gr Slick Trick
......or maybe.......
125gr NAP Thunderhead
8 point buck, total passthrough. Ran 50 yards downhill in the brush and crashed into the thickets.

I can't wait to bag this guy... I had him in my sights last season at 20 yards (and missed!!!) [:-][&o]
Old 08-20-2005, 12:30 AM

Matt / PA,
Great idea. What would be nice is a data base so the results could be tallied and say, a pie chart if different brands / models sorted by popularity, model, etc.

But, great idea no matter HOW its done.

Old 08-20-2005, 01:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great idea.

I also agree with Texasmarshmonkey about the distance animal traveled and blood trail consistancy.

Quick Reply: Broadhead Performance Database (Please discuss)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.