Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cheap Digital Cam

Old 08-17-2005, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default Cheap Digital Cam

Has anyone seen the digital game cams that are at Academy that are selling for $98? Last time I was in my local Academy I saw a digital game cam that was listed at that price. I was in a hurry and I wasn't able to look at it and read about it, I don't even know what brand it was. Just wandering if anyone else has noticed it and/or used one?

Does anyone know of other digital cams out there that sell for less than $150? I am tired of developing all of the dang film and want to invest in a digital, just don't have $300 to put on one right now.

I also saw some digitals going for under $100 on e-bay, but they only had .3 megapixels and I don't think that the pics would turn out all that well.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cheap Digital Cam

I heard 1.3mp Cuddys are going for $200 in some places now - thats a good deal!

Don't look for too cheap - it'll be just that!

FH
Old 08-17-2005, 09:35 PM
Fork Horn

Maybe I just don't know what the hell's going on at all, because I've never really looked into scouting cameras. However, most deer activity right now is going on after dark. Wouldn't the flash of a picture spook a deer away?
Old 08-17-2005, 10:36 PM
Typical Buck

farm hunter--
do you have a link that has the cuddebackgoin for 200 i might look into getting a second for that price.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:02 PM
Typical Buck

Here is a site of that cam I was talking about that was selling on e-bay for under $100. I was looking at the sample pics and they aren't very clear and the flash doesn't extend very far. But, the 2.1 Megapixel Model STC-AD2 looks like a pretty good deal for $180. The pics look clear and the flash extends a little farther. What do youall think?
http://www.nativeoutdoors.com/stealthcamera.html
Old 08-17-2005, 11:08 PM

I just got two of the Moultrie 1.3 digitals for $100 a piece... Pretty good cam for the money...Check out my MO BUCK PICS thread for some pics....Good Luck....
Old 08-18-2005, 10:47 AM

Your Probably talking about the wild veiw. They do ok for the price. I got mine on an ebay auction for $60. My buddy is a retailer and sells his on ebay for about $80. The pixelation is a little "spotty" You can make out what your looking at perfectly, its just not quite crystal clear. But for the money you just cant beat it. Heres the first pic I got with mine. After that the bear turned the thing around on the tree so i havent gotten anymore yet from this spot.

Old 08-18-2005, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

You got bears in Virginia? I guess it's just a matter of time before we see them in Illinois. Can anyone answer my question about the flash?
Old 08-18-2005, 02:48 PM

The flash doesnt appear to spoke them at all. In fact, Ive had deer come closer to check the camera out.

The Moultrie 1.3 pix gets the job done if scouting is all your looking to do. 3.5 second delay....The $99 one sold at WalMart however, doesnt allow you to change your pitcure taking setting below 1 minute. The $129-49 model from BassPor etc. will let you set your shutter down to 20 seconds. Pictures are decent tho.

Old 08-18-2005, 02:51 PM

For a $100 get the Moultrie. I have over 500 deer pics with mine. It's only 1.3mp, butthats good enough for scouting. As far as the flash?The first time I set my camera over the turnip fieldit was on 5 mindelay and I got the same two does and fawn about 20 times in the same night. So It didn't bother them.

Quick Reply: Cheap Digital Cam

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.