Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Human Society is annoying me

Old 08-17-2005, 08:03 PM

Default The Human Society is annoying me

http://www.hsus.org/wildlife/issues_facing_wildlife/hunting/learn_the_facts_about_hunting.html

I found this on the internet today and laughed a little. These guys are really starting to get annoying. Maybe if they actually went hunting, they'd understand it a little better.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:04 PM

Default RE: The Human Society is annoying me

I also realize that should be the HUMANE society
Old 08-17-2005, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well those humane people need to stop driving their cars, because cars mame more deer than hunters by far.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:20 PM

HOLLY CRAP,,these people need to step out side of the protective boxs and get into the real world,,some adivice id give a "non-hunter" go on a hunt and LEARN somthine about the sport before u dis it,,sheesh

Well those humane people need to stop driving their cars, because cars mame more deer than hunters by far.
i agree with this entirely ihearof at least 50 or 60 deer related car accidents every year excpeccialy around huntin season
Old 08-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Typical Buck

Oh my gosh. them fellers are about 3 bricks shy of a load! Where do they get this information? They really kinda contradict themselves when they say that hunting is not an effective way to control animal populations but yet in the next attempt to bash hunters in the next paragraph, they are whining that hunting destroys the population by killing too many animals. Without hunters coming together and doing actual conservation, there would be no turkeys left in TN and probably no deer either. I could talk all night about all the inconsistencies in their article but im gonna cut it short with this. You hear a lot of talk out of them and not a whole lot of it makes any sense at all and for the people that are dumb enough to join something like that and think that they are doing good, well theyve got another thing coming when these "vermin coyotes that are needlessly slaughtered" steal their kid out of the yard, or eat their dog and cat "companions"(not pets) im gonna laugh at them. JMO BB
Old 08-18-2005, 02:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

Certainly off the wall. What I dont understand is the local human society around here has people working there that do hunt. I had a deer mount in my car one time I stopped to give them a pic of a cat we got from them. And they said wow what a nice mount.Where did you get it.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Animals such as skunks, coyotes, porcupines, crows and prairie dogs are considered "varmints," and unlimited hunting of these species is permitted year-round in many states. At the base of this is the notion that these animals are simply "vermin" and do not deserve to live.
Hunters frequently write and speak of the pleasure in "misting" prairie dogs—by which they mean shooting the animals with hollow-point bullets that cause them to literally explode in a mist of blood
Lets go misting boys. Just think i sighted in my stepdads dads, .17 scope for his marlin .17 and guess what hes using??? HOLLOW-POINTS!!!
Old 08-18-2005, 04:23 AM

hsus quote It has been estimated that twice as many deer are killed illegally as are killed legally.

http://www.whitetaildeer.com/states/StateDataDetail.asp?StateAbbr=pa

Take a look at the 2000 est. deer population (1,500,000)

Take a look at the 2000 est. deer harvest (504,600)

Then tell me... If the hsus statement is true, they wasn't Pennsylvania's deer population wiped out ?

HUNTERS MUST LEARN TO DEBUNK THE CLAIMS MADE BY ANTI HUNTING FACTIONS
Old 08-18-2005, 04:32 AM
Typical Buck

They were right about one "fact". Hunters are declining more and more each year. Atleast in Pennsylvania. It's sad.
Old 08-18-2005, 05:53 AM

hsus claim Currently only 5.4% of Americans hold hunting licenses. Hunters claim their numbers are growing to give the impression that recreational killing is acceptable.

From the FWS 2001 survey on fishing and hunting.

1955 to 2001 Findings

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has conducted these National Surveys at approximate 5-year intervals since 1955 (see Appendix B). A 46-year trend can be traced for the number of anglers and hunters that participated in a given year.

The number of wildlife-watching participants can be traced over 21 years because wildlife watching has been part of the Survey only since 1980.

Trends show that the number of anglers increased at nearly twice the rate of the U.S. population growth from 1955 to2001. The U.S. population increased by 71 percent while the fishing population
increased by 130 percent during that period.

The number of hunters also increased over the 46-year period, but not at a rate equal to the overall 71 percent population growth. The number of hunters increased 31 percent from 1955 to 2001.

http://www.census.gov/prod/2003pubs/fhw01-us.pdf

Who do youfeel should be trustedwith figures ... hsus orFWS ?

Quick Reply: The Human Society is annoying me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.