Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

The Human Society is annoying me

Old 08-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: The Human Society is annoying me

What a joke! I especially enjoyed the words in quotation marks and italics as if those came from actual hunters! The whole article is a complete if for nothing else than inaccurate information!
Old 08-18-2005, 10:33 AM

I find it funny how they go and bash hunters on how their bad for preserving wildlife populations etc. and talk about how it's all about making money. Yet they forget to mention the fact that the money that we spend on licenses, gear etc. goes towards the preservation of wildlife and improvement of habitat for these animals.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:49 AM

Are these not the same people that kill pets because no one wants them? Unless someone is eating a lot of cat and dog I think they should concentrate on thier own problems not ours.

Lets just stop hunting and see what happens. I'm sure that is the solution, because the deer know how to control thier own population, just like the cats and dogs do, or us for that matter.

Here is an idea, population control for humans. That way we won't keep expanding our habitat into other palces causing us to control thier populations instead of ours.

"Is hunting for food a good way to save money on grocery bills?

Almost never. When all costs are considered (i.e., license fees, equipment, food, lodging and transportation), hunting is not an economical way to provide food."

I normally agree with this to point. Some people spend a lot of money on game hunting, I'm one of them. However that does not mean you have to. A quality firearm can last for generations, and while ammo is expensive for some of them it is not that bad when averaged out. In Michigan doe permits are like 7 bucks each for private land. You can get one a day if you want to. My recent slug gun purchase was $220 for the rifle and 100 dollars for the scope. You could do this cheaper if you wanted. And Shells are between .75 cents and 2 bucks each. Which sounds like a lot, but when you consider you will only fire about five rounds per season (depending on how many deer you kill) it's not that much. It would not take long for this to soon pay for its self in the price of meat. And that does not even take into acount for small game or archery. If you just wanted to hunt for meat and already had the weapon it would be pretty cost effecitve if you were good at it.

Just my thoughts.

Paul
Old 08-18-2005, 02:12 PM

While it may be true that hunting is an important tool in managing wildlife, let's face it, none of us hunts to do our part in managing wildlife. At least I don't. I hunt as a sport. I hunt for recreation. I hunt to kill animals that I can eat, and I don't see anything wrong with it.People have done this for as long as there have been people. I don't have a problem being part of the animal kingdom, and it is good to be on the top of the food chain.

It doesn't matter that many non-hunters are hippocrites. (I actually had a guy tell me that the difference between the slab of beef on his plate, and the piece of venison on mine, was thatit was immoral to eat my steakbecause I killed the deer for sport while it was OK for him to eat his steak because thecow was raised for food.)I, for one, have stopped trying to justify what I do to other people who do not want to understand. I do not make excuses for hunting. I do not appologize for hunting. I like to hunt because I like to hunt.

I am convinced that there is nothing we can do to convince the anti-hunting true believers that hunting is a legimate pastime, so we should stop wasting our breath. (I won't deny that it is sometimes good sport just to get them in a conversation about it though.) I am convinced, however,that it is more important than ever to protect ourselves and our sport from these goody goodies. So, support the NRA and the American Sportsman's Association and any other group that keeps PETA and the Humane Society and the other wackadoos in line. To paraphrase someone, the only thing necessary for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.
Old 08-18-2005, 03:36 PM

I read it and then I fired off a nice little note to them on there website. Everyone should do the same, just look for "contact us" and go to "Wildlife" I know it wont change there F#%$& minds but I feel better having done it
Old 08-18-2005, 06:27 PM

I read it and then I fired off a nice little note to them on there website. Everyone should do the same, just look for "contact us" and go to "Wildlife" I know it wont change there F#%$& minds but I feel better having done it
They're so blind and I don't blame you for sending them a note about your feelings, but you should be aware that somebody at the Humane Society could add your email to a spam list... I wouldn't put anything past those knuckleheads.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:47 PM

hey stillhunt04 do you live or have ever been to the PecanPlantation?
Old 08-18-2005, 07:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would agree. This is one of those situations where you have to just sit back and really wonder what was going through their collective heads.
Old 08-19-2005, 04:15 PM

BowtechPatriot, I just saw your post...yes I live in Pecan Plantation. There's a whole lot of deer here!
Old 08-20-2005, 09:30 AM

I email these groups all of the time to tell them that their facts are wrong, but I never get a response. But they are vocal and can sway nonhunters when issues come to the ballot box. We can't sit by and hope they go away. With a $97M budget and an agenda to ban bowhunting it is imperitive that we fight tooth and nail against them.

Hope you all fill your freezers this season.

Morty 3

Quick Reply: The Human Society is annoying me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.