Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

got my lone wolf hang on & sticks

Old 08-16-2005, 11:54 AM

Default got my lone wolf hang on & sticks

hey i got my lone wolf hang on and climbing sticks they really seem practicle and i can't wait to try them out.a couple of questions for those who have them though. are they easy enough to put up and take down to put up and take down each huntbecause i am on public land part of the time and don't trust leaving it up. how long does it take to put up? next how high do the 3 climbing sticks get you? next just any tips you may have for me to save any time or energy? thanks!!
Old 08-16-2005, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: got my lone wolf hang on & sticks

With a set of 3 sticks I can usually get in the 12-14 foot range without a problem. It just depends on how high you start your first stick from the ground and how much space you leave in between them. As far as ease of putting them up - it really couldn't get much eaiser. Simply wrap the strap around the tree, hook it onto the versa button, sinch it down, and onto the next one you go. I've found that that smaller the tree diameter the easier they are to set up seeing as though you don't have to reach so far around the tree to toss the strap to yourself.

In regards to taking them up and down every time you hunt - that's ultimately up to you. I have done it many times and never had a problem. If you plan on hunting the same spot then you might want to just leave the stand in the tree and take your sticks with you when you leave. Provided someone doesn't come by with a set of steps or sticks to retrieve it, you'll be safe. However if you're leaving it for more than a day or two I would take it with you. For as easy as they are to put up and down it's not worth risking losing them.

Congrats on the stand purchase. My new one should be here sometime soon. Can't wait to go hang it.
Old 08-16-2005, 12:37 PM

thanks for the advice good luck w/ your new one. they have new seats i think they will be a little more comfratable.
Old 08-16-2005, 02:31 PM

Justin is right on. If you have to carry them far you can make a sling out of some rope or bunjees to help carry them in. They are great! You can get up a tree in 2 minutes!
Old 08-16-2005, 05:11 PM

Justin has a good idea with the rope I tie one onto mine to help me w/ carrying them in and out... Also they can sometimes be noisy when stacked together and when your carrying them in to set up next to a big bucks home that noise might be all it takes to tip him and other deer off. I stack mine together and then use ductape to wrap around them on both endsand it really holds them tight together and they will make no noise..Good Luck
Old 08-16-2005, 11:32 PM
Typical Buck

I useabout 2' ofnylon rope with a loop on the end. Thread the tag end of the rope thru the loop and pull them tight when packing them up....usually don't get any rattles as long as I tie them tight enough. I need to make a sling for mine but haven't done it yet b/c I don't use them often enough.....just carry them on my shoulder rambo style. haha
Old 08-17-2005, 08:41 AM

hey, i went out yesterday and tried mine out just for the heck of it. in the manual it shows stacking them up and then straping them to your stant. this really worked well w/ no rattles at all mine came w/ on stick that had a velcro strap to strap the sticks together really works. then i strapped them to the stand w the strap w/ the hook and there were know rattles at all. it took no longer than 5 min. to put the 3 sticks up and the treestand and about the same to take down and put back together. That being my 1st time i'm sure i can cut that down. probably just as quick as most climbers w/ the advantage of sitting in more trees (crooked, limbs, ect.). i probably got 13-15 feet i guess as far as height. This is an incedible stand!!