Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Another Saskatchewan Big Buck PIC

Old 08-13-2005, 03:33 AM
Spike

Default Another Saskatchewan Big Buck PIC

Hi guys,

Since I see you enjoyed the last pic of a nice Saskatchewan buck, I'm posting another one I took with my trailtimer in Novenmber of 2003 about half a mile from the one last year. The top photo is also a dandy. he bottom buck and the top one were taken the same night. He is a big 4x4. I'm also posting the 4X4 I took in 2003 in Saskatchewan. This was a different deer.Just can't wait to go back this year and this time will try the bow. Enjoy

Cormier
Old 08-13-2005, 09:11 AM

Default RE: Another Saskatchewan Big Buck PIC

Awesome bucks and the one on the trail timer on the top pic is a hog!!! The one you got is huge also.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bgates

Awesome bucks and the one on the trail timer on the top pic is a hog!!! The one you got is huge also.
yeah seriously that one on the trail cam is absolutely huge. the one you got is a great deer. just curious what did he score?? great deer no matter what. congrats.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bigems
Old 08-13-2005, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow, nice bucks! Thanks for sharing the pics.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

that is one big deer, good luck this season.
Old 08-13-2005, 10:47 AM

now thats what iam talking about [8D][8D][8D]
Old 08-13-2005, 10:48 AM
Typical Buck

that 8 you shot is a real gorgeous deer. missed one just a hair smaller then him about 5 yrs ago in pa at about 24 yds. thought he was alot closer. (bow)
Old 08-13-2005, 10:57 AM
Spike

Thanks for the comments. Yes the big 8 in the cam. pic is a hog. I thik I saw him a couple days later but did not get an opertunity at him. The one I shot grossed 162 and change and netted 152 6/8. One brow tine is 11 1/2 and 3 of it's other tines are above 12 inches. Hope to get another one like that this year. So IL-CORNFED, is this buck big enough(Top photo in the pic)or do you think the camera angle is still making it big??????

Cormier
Old 08-13-2005, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a Brute... your 4x4 harvest...just wicked with those browtines and mass! I looks like a250+ lbr live weight buck too boot???

I was fortunate enough to shed hunt witha close friend from this site... He is from Saskatchewanand I spent 1 of the best weeks of my life with him and his wonderful family on their big farm this spring. That country is truely some of the finest whitetail habitat a person could imagine. I loved it up there and look forward to going back. If you love whitetails, everyone should see experience the Saskatchewan farm country at least once..

The body sizes, and skull plates from those "blocky" headed bucks truely do them unfairly sometimes in photos. Then you see the antlers in person and your jaw drops. I know I have looked at many of Hiawathas photos.. then after seeing his racks in person and scoring them for him..I was amazed at the mass that they carry throughout every tine ...even where they don't get credit for score. My point is if a true scoring system based on antler volume was measured...Saskatchewan would do very well.

Great bucks, again, thanks for the photos.

Troy

Quick Reply: Another Saskatchewan Big Buck PIC

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.