Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

price of gas- will it affect your season?

Old 08-15-2005, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: price of gas- will it affect your season?

It won't have any effect on my hunting season although it should but I will just shell out the extra dough and go any way. It hasn't slowed me down fishing any and as much as I love fishing I love hunting that much more so i don't see it slowing my hunting down at all.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:18 AM

It sure will put a hurting on my hunting, even my scouting has already taken a hit from these ridiculous prices. I guess I will have to trade the truck and car in and get a few horse (will help keep the yard mowed and fertilized) and a covered wagon.

Someone is sure getting their pockets lined with my green stuff.

But, seriously my family goes to our camp in Greenbrier Co. WV, which is about 90 miles from home. IF all of us go this year (usually around 6) then the cost won't be to bad. We always split the gas, groceries, propane, etc. when we go to camp. But, it will be a problem if these prices continue and continue to go up. It cost right at 50 to 60 dollars to fill up my father-in-laws truck and about 30 to fill my truck (I have an old 84 S-10 4x4).
Old 08-15-2005, 09:38 AM

Well, I heard a report on the news that said they expect prices to go over $3 a gallon by next month. I'm still gonna wait and see how much it hits my wallet. I can't stand the idea of not be able to escape to the woods every week.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Overall, I don't believe it will effect the amount of time I spend in the woods - just where I spend it at. I've got some spots close to home that I can hunt, but I just prefer to hunt away from all the traffic and noise and pressure of the suburbs and get downstate somewhere. However, when it comes down to crunch time I might just have to limit my downstate trips and focus locally. We'll see what happens.
Old 08-15-2005, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

The gas prices around here have went up 10cent every night for the past 3 to 4 days now.I checked this morning it was up to $2.62I really don`t think it will effect me to much on my hunting though? If I can pay for gas to go to work? I am sure I will pay for gas to go hunting!!
Old 08-15-2005, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not planning to change that much. My leases and landare five hours away and it will be expensive, but I wait all year for hunting season, and I'll be damned if I'm going to be stopped.[:@]

My fishing, on the other hand, has badly suffered. I haven't had my boat out of the driveway this year. I had to cut back somewhere to be able to afford it for hunting season.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Probably won't affect me at all. I have plenty of other places that I can cut and skim to provide ample money to hunt where and when I want. I don't live extravagant, I'll pretty much still do as I please, hunting related.
Old 08-15-2005, 01:19 PM

Gas prices here took a big jump today. For the past 2 or 3 days they have stayed at 2.55 a gallon, just found out that they have jumped now to 2.69 a gallon!! [:@][:@][:@]

Enough is enough...groceries, clothes, guns, ammo and on and on will be going up due to the cost of shipping these items!!

The government needs to step in and put a stop to this profitering. Were not going to have to worry about winning any wars...our economy is going to come crashing down!
Old 08-15-2005, 06:59 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TrophyBux

No. I have a company truck. With a gas card!
I am working as an intern at an oil company for the summer, hopefully it will turn into a full time job and I will too have a company vehicle. That is what I am hoping for, if not, it will be hard to afford to drive very much.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

The gas price's won't effect this season's venture's ,but I'll definately be reconsidering for next season's hunting trip's .
I'm lucky in a way because most of my deer hunting is within 5 minute's from home ,it's the longer trip's for bear and moose that'll suffer next season ,since I have to travel 12 hr's for my moose hunt and2 for my bear hunt

Quick Reply: price of gas- will it affect your season?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.