Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Best hunting technology

Old 08-12-2005, 05:50 PM

Default Best hunting technology

Well, in lieu of the hunting scams post, I thought I would go the opposite direction and see what ya'll think the best hunting advancements are. I have a few.

1. I think the broadhead market has made incredible advances. The old fixed blade broadheads of yesteryear were incredible, and still are, but as the bows got faster and faster, tuning them became a tremendous task. Enter the mechanical heads. They are ok, but I think we can all agree that they have their problems. So, companies are making heads more streamlined and the dynamics of their flight are awesome! The low profile heads, and even some of the bigger heads, like Magnus Stinger and Steelforce heads all fly very well.
2. The pop up blind. Ground blinds have always been an incredible way to get close to and kill game, but the advent of the popup blind eliminates the need to cut brush and build permanent blinds. Now, if you want to move, in a matter of seconds you are folded up and moving out.
3. Bow manufacturers. Bows of today perform great, they are very smooth, forgiving, fast, accurate and look great. I foresee them getting nothing but better.

So, lets hear it. What are the best advances of todays hunting industry?
Old 08-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Best hunting technology

I like all of your suggestions. Personally I think Sims with their gear has done alot for bowhunting and the archery industry. Their devices make bows more huntable.

Arrow rests, fiber optic sights, carbon arrows....all have been great advancements in my opinion.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sims. Portable treestands. Bow design. I honestly don't see a major change in the way a bow "looks" for quite a few years. Cams will be changed. And I have a hunch theres a new string material out on the horizon.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think advances in electronics have helped hunters. Things like trail cams and GPS devices are making scouting easier. Clothing manufacturers are keeping us more comfortable with things like microfibers and Goretex. Camo patterns are getting more advanced.
Old 08-12-2005, 08:18 PM

The cam and 1/2.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:15 PM

Treestands.

GPS+Rangefinders.

Clothing (for warmth and dryness).

Hand Warmers.

Mechanical Releases.

Hand held radios (Talkabouts).

Old 08-12-2005, 10:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe the advanvement of bows, but that may not be good. Sorry.
Bobby
Old 08-12-2005, 10:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Fiber optic pins...Truglo pins, sure beats the heck out of the old brass ones....on any bow...
Old 08-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Fiber optic pins...Truglo pins, sure beats the heck out of the old brass ones....on any bow...
Agreed.

I also think that relatively small advancements, such as round pin guards, are also great advancements in archery. Thinking back to my first bow with brass sight pins, no pin guard, cat whiskers, a flipper rest, and a stabilizer that might as well have been made of solid steel really makes me appreciate today's equipment.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

The internet.

What other time inhistory can a complete newcomer to the sport have the answer to any and every question right at his fingertips?
The learning curve has definitely become more of a straight line.[:-]
We can research equipment, techniques, even scout all while our fat butts are firmly planted in our computer chairs.
Today's hunter has more information available to him/her today than at any time in the history of the sport.........now if that person has the ability to putthis informationto good use is another story.

Quick Reply: Best hunting technology

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.