Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does your wife get ticked off?

Old 08-15-2005, 06:54 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Does your wife get ticked off?

My wife and I have a long term unwritten understanding.

The way I read it she doesn't care how much time I spend doing man things like huntingn, fishing, and putting food on the table and I stay out of her woman business like cooking, cleaning, and what ever else they do.
Old 08-15-2005, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

My wife's doesn't participate in the hunting in any way ,but she knew when she met me that hunting was part of my life and I'm not about to give it up for anyone .So I guess she has learned to live with it .She rarely complain's about hunting ,and when time frame's become a problem we'll meet in the middle .She also has her thing's that she love's to do without me tagging along andI don't complain to her .

nubo
Old 08-15-2005, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

I get the old, "it's hunting season again" it's like she dosen't know it happens every year. But that's the extent of it. She knows I hunt for meat to feed the family, and sometimes it takes a while to get a deer, but for the most part she's real supportive of me. As long as it dosen't interfere with prior obligations or my son's activities at school I'm golden for the most part, just a little whining at the beginning. I spend over 200 hours in the stand too a year. She dosen't hunt, but dosen't mind one hanging in the barn. AS for hunting shows, that's different, I have to pick and choose my shows. She says I'm obssessed with hunting, she's right I am. So I pick and choose my battles.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:24 PM

My wife shot a decent 9 point last year. she asks "how i can watch so much hunting all the time it all looks the same" but she doesnt get mad
Old 08-26-2005, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does your wife get pissed off?

Mife was cool at first, but then started bitching. Last year in September we were at Cabela's and she said if I spent another dollar on hunting stuff she was leaving...that it would be the last straw.

Sometimes I miis her.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:32 PM

I'm lucky!
My wife doesn't start to feel neglected until the very end of season,January.
She knew I was a bowhunter before we got married 5 years ago.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:00 AM

PABowhunter my wife and yours must be sisters.[8D]Actually my wife is satrting to come around.
my wife used to consider herself a widow during hunting season.I may be swapping a hunt for me to Elk or Mulie hunt this year so she is upset about that one.I told her I need something big to put in the new house I just built her.I put 2 huge beams in my living across the vaulted ceiling just for my mounts.She was like yeah I can put viy across them.NO WAY they get heads hun.Aww man is all she said.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:14 AM

My husband and I go fishing and hunting together, so he does not mind if I am watching hunting or fishing shows. He is not interested in bow hunting though because he can't sit still for long enough. Last year was my first year bowhunting deer, and he does have a hard time understanding why I love it so much, but he is still ok with it. I don't know how you all could get along with your significant others if it were such a big deal. It is a long season for the ones that don't hunt...LOL.
Old 08-27-2005, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I met my wife in 1990 and we are married for 11 years now.She knew I loved my hunting and knew nothing was ever going to change when we got married.She used to get a little upset at me for spending to much time in the woods,but thats where selective hearing comes in handy
With my kids being older,my young guy is in hockey and my little lady is in dance, then I have to compromise some time for the family,and thats no problemwith me.My wife really enjoys the hockey season,she gets more pumped up then me.
I really think if you can come to a "Middle"with your spouce then all should be fine.Just not opening day and the Rut
Old 08-27-2005, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I must be one of the lucky one's, my wife is always looking for hunting stuff on sale to buy for me. She does pressure me some when I come home empty handed. She's always saying "we need at least 5 in the freezer!"

Quick Reply: Does your wife get ticked off?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.