Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does your wife get ticked off?

Old 08-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does your wife get pissed off?

I'm lucky too, I guess. My wife doesn't care if I want to watch hunting shows or the Military Channel or whatever, she really likes guns especially varmint/benchrest rifles, and really wants to hunt if whe could ever find a hunters safety class that worked with her schedule. Oh, and she also really likes venison, actually preferring it to beef.

Can't complain I guess.

Mike
Old 08-12-2005, 09:16 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Mine doesn't get mad when I turn the men's channel on after I get home from work. Usually she only has to wait 15 minutes or thethird commercial break... grabs the remote since I usually fall a sleep. Need my power nap for surfing in the hunting forums later in the evening!! My excuse for being on the internet so much is because she like watching the Lifetime channel in the evening. I'd rather have my teeth pull then suffer through that depressing crud... so she can't get mad at me for that either or else I'd take the remote away from her!!!
Old 08-12-2005, 09:28 PM

I as a Female think it's great when the man goes and does his thing.. I can then do mine! I am not married and who knows if I ever will.. Can't seem to find a man that can handle me Hell do your thing I'll do mine and then we can cuddle up for the night and go to sleep! I am into the hunting and fishing thing to an extent.. I hunt with my dad and run fishing tournaments.. I enjoy it it's fun I also got horses and do the horse thing.... I am not super big into the whole TV thing because you never know how rigged it is and it's always the same old thing if I'm gonna watch it I'd rather be doing it...

There is plenty of Off time that the guys arn't hunting and I hear of so many women bi**ing about the guy being around the house to much! Can we make up our minds!?!?! guess not...

Well I guess this proves that we are women and we:

can't make up our mind
like to complain
and PMS 24/7

anything elseI forget??
Old 08-12-2005, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I spend the whole day watching hunting shows with my girlfriend. she goes hiking and scouting with me. She in couraged me to buy my new bow and yes she cooks and cleans.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:16 PM

No tv shows with hunting where I live so I would need to upgrade to satelite. But, early on the wife actually went hunting with me and partook for 2 yrs with bow in hand. She didn't get one but she did enjoy herself, I think. Everyone in this family loves to eat deer and elk more than beef and the biggest problem I have with complaining is if I come home empty handed!
Old 08-13-2005, 12:12 AM

WOW

I can't believe how many replies have stated that their significant other either gets mad or leaves the room when hunting is on TV [:'(]

Guys...........get your nads out of her purse and be a man. I only do a couple things for enjoyment and they are hunt/fish and play golf. When the time comes to do those things my wife doesn't say a word.......and by no means am I trying to sound like a hardass who tells his wife what to do and that is final.........that is not being a hardass......it's being a jerk. My wife doesn't say anything because she knows I LOVE doing hose things and she wants me to be happy. She doesn't enjoy the fact that a deer lost it's life when I fill a tag but she understands it is part of the deal and she sees how hard I work to make sure they die as quickly and painlessly as possible. She also eats the meat and enjoys the meals it provides.

If your woman gets mad when you hunt or complains about it constantly then there is something not right because she should enjoy seeing you happy.

Or maybe I am just the luckiest guy in the world and married the right gal.

The only thing my wife gets a little tired of is being woken up at 4 am for 2 months straight [:@] I have gotten some pretty evil looks when I pop the light on because I can't find my hat []
Old 08-13-2005, 12:33 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Does your wife get ticked off?

ORIGINAL: BowtechPatroit27

It seems like everytime I watch hunting(which is all day when i'm off work) my wife will come on and see a deer get shot and go insane on saying how cruel hunting is. Is this the same with you guys or should I get a divorce?
No, but I don't watch hunting shows all day long when I have a day off work.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:32 AM

ORIGINAL: atlasman

If your woman gets mad when you hunt or complains about it constantly then there is something not right because she should enjoy seeing you happy.

I agree with ya there! I am female mind you LOL
Old 08-13-2005, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

When we first started dating my wife, she was anti-gun. I took her to the pistol range for the first time and she was hooked. She is a card carrying conservative, Republican, pro-gun woman now.

Before kids, I used to take her out to the range and let her spot for me when I was shooting my 7mm Mag. She finally got the courage to ask me to shoot it. She put three shots in the bull at 100 yds on the first try.

While she doesn't hunt with me, she will sit down and watch a hunting show with me every once in a while. She likes venison, so when the kids get bigger, maybe I can convince her that two licenses are better than one.

I know she has it in her blood; her father was a German Paratroop Captain in WWII and she takes after him in a lot of ways.
Old 08-13-2005, 07:18 PM

Yeah I live with my girl friend she likes that i have a hobby that i am so interested in she does not complain about the hunting trips on the weekend, it gives her time for herself! I feel bd for those who have wifes and girlfriends that don't get the support they need for something they love to do.

Quick Reply: Does your wife get ticked off?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.