Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does your wife get ticked off?

Old 08-12-2005, 01:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does your wife get pissed off?

i'm not married but my mom gets sick of seeing it but just jokes around about it. my girlfriend is comepletely fine with it and has gone hunting before but not with me yet.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I couldn't be with girl who complained about something that was such a big part of my life. My girl has never set foot in the woods with weapon but knows more about hunting than a lot of 'hunters' do.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

My wife is used to it. In fact my 5 and 7 year olds watch them with me. They have seen theseI educated them early on this.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man I must have it good. My wife has taken2 bucks & 2 does with a rifle and tried bowhunting once, but it was too slow, hot and mosquitoey for her.
When I watch huntingshows (which is a lot) she doesn't say a word.
But come Tuesday nightwhen Desperate housewives & Greys Anatomy is on- she get's the remote.

For those of you without the Mens channel or the Outdoor channel, upgrade or switch. It might not be the best hunting in the world. But seeing an arrow glide through a ribcage always looks good to me. Here for the last 2 months it's been almost non-stop bowhunting- gotta love it!
Old 08-12-2005, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I couldn't be with girl who complained about something that was such a big part of my life.
Ditto!
Old 08-12-2005, 02:40 PM

My wife either leaves the room or asks if "WE, have to watch this?". I usually ignore her and keep on watching.

Before my daughter was born, I never got any lip but now I have to hunt on Fridays only which isn't that bad because there are less hunters in the woods. I just hope my daughter gets interested in hunting so we will have the majority vote!
Old 08-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I couldn't be with girl who complained about something that was such a big part of my life.
You said it all there Rybo!!!

It took awhile but my wife has accepted it. She even runs my business while I go on my hunting trips which adds up to about 4-5 weeks a year!

Yup, she's a keeper!!
Old 08-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Typical Buck

My wife is already on my case and the season doesn't open up until Oct 1st here. She's had enough with the scouting, chatting about deer, internet forums, hunting videos (good thing we don't have cable-she'd be in trouble with the OLN or Outdoor channel), hunting games, hunting purchases and what not. Especially now that she wants to go house shopping.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only time I get pissed is when I don't get to go!!! LOL The hard part is that we have 2 very young children and 1 is a special needs child. So not to many people are trained in what to do for him if there are problems. Someday I'll get to hunt with him again. When the kiddies are old enough to hike with us and know when to be quiet!!!
Old 08-12-2005, 03:49 PM

This is a situation where you and her both have to get your priorities straight! If you live to hunt and fish like I do and can't stand the pissin an moanin, AND there's no kids involved, by all means kick her arse to the curb. There are women who will either share or at least respect your choice of hobbies. If it's just a pain in the butt (whinin), hit the streets one night. Come in around daylight reeking of puddy and beer and tell her you decided to quit hunting so you would have more time to party.

Quick Reply: Does your wife get ticked off?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.