Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Tree Stands ?

Old 08-12-2005, 07:22 AM

Default Tree Stands ?

Has anybody used River Edge tree stands ? any comments on them ?
Old 08-12-2005, 07:51 AM

Default RE: Tree Stands ?

From what I have seen, they are made out of steel so they are kind of heavy. It depends on the application, If you want a strap-on stand that won't move much, they have some good options for some good prices. But if you are talking about a climbing stand that you plan on jumping to different spots with, I wouldn't recomend it. I made that mistake. They are heavy and loud to setup.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

[align=center]
NEWS from CPSC
U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission[/align]

Office of Information and Public Affairs
Washington, DC 20207
[hr]

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 6, 2004
Release # 04-173
Firm’s Hotline: (800) 204-7435
[/b]CPSC Consumer Hotline: (800) 638-2772
CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908

CPSC, Rivers Edge/Ardisam, Inc. Announce Recall of Tree Stands WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission announces the following recall in voluntary cooperation with the firm below. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed.

Name of product: Big Foot Series and Lite Foot Series hunting tree stands

Units: About 78,000

Manufacturer: Rivers Edge/Ardisam, Inc., of Cumberland, Wis.

Hazard: If the strap mounting bracket loosens or rotates, the strap hook can release, causing the tree stand to detach from the tree. If this occurs, the consumer could fall to the ground.

Incidents/Injuries: Rivers Edge/Ardisam, Inc. has received three reports of consumers falling when their stands detached. Two of these consumers reportedly suffered serious injuries, including broken bones.

Description: The recalled Big Foot and Lite Foot Series hunting tree stands are “hang-on” stands that can be identified by a yellow warning label affixed to the stand that reads: “Rivers Edge Hunting Products.” These tree stands have dual post seat uprights and a gold-colored strap hook bracket. Only these model tree stands with the gold-colored bracket are included in this recall.

Sold in: Hunting stores and catalogs nationwide beginning in January 1998 for between $60 and $120. The tree stands were manufactured from January 1998 though July 2001.

Manufactured in: U.S.A.

Remedy: Consumers should contact Rivers Edge/Ardisam, Inc. to receive free replacement hardware for self-installation.

Consumer Contact: Call Rivers Edge/Ardisam, Inc. at (800) 204-7435 or visit their Web site at www.ardisam.com

[align=center]

Gold-colored bracket[/align]
Old 08-12-2005, 10:57 AM
Fork Horn

Dang, thanks Charlie. That is an exact picture of the one hangon stand I still have in a tree! Having had another hangon break a few years ago and I nearly bit the big one, I switched to ladder stands. Now I see the remaining stand is a death trap.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:00 AM

nah thats crap i havent had a problem with rivers edge treestands there not even that heavy at all and ive had mine for two years now and im impressed.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:21 AM
Spike

I have two River's Edge stands at this point and am happy with both of them (they were bought after 2001 so they shouldn't fall into the recall). The reason I am happy with them is that they fit the specific type of stand I was looking for - which is a lower priced, sturdy stand. With that being said, they aren't the lightest of all things but I tend to put mine up in places where they will stay there for the season. I have one chain on and one strap on stand with flip up seats. The seat is comfortable and quiet to flip up and the stand has always been sturdy. If you're looking for a reasonably priced stand and can deal with a heavier stand, I think these are a very good bargain.
Old 08-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have a River Edge Bandit ($30) that I have used off and on for about 4 years. Supaarcher's description fits it nicely. Great stand if you are going to just hang it but not something I would want to tote around alot because of the weight.