Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you build your own tree stands?

Old 08-11-2005, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

Default Do you build your own tree stands?

Just wondering who else builds their own stands. I'd hate to think of what I'd have into stands if I didn't build them my self.

Here's the one I built today! It weighs 16 pounds. It will be my portable!

Old 08-11-2005, 04:32 PM

Default RE: Do you build your own tree stands?

That's a nice looking stand, Bird Dog. I build my own hangers, butI usetreated lumberinstead because I don't have welding and other metal working material. They cost $25-$30. Not sure how much they weigh. I'll try taking some pictures of them installed this weekend.

I have two climbers, a Loggy and a Summit, but I spent a lot of time sitting in them last year saying to myself, "Gee, I wish I could be in that tree over therewhere I have all of that natural cover."However,my climber couldn't get up it because lower branches creating that cover, or because it wastoo crooked. Now I have two hanging up in those trees and am looking forward to not getting busted quite as often.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now that kinda looks like the stand I built-----Im going to check in my shed to see if its still there
Looks like you did a great job.
Can you post some more pics of different angles,so we can get a feel of how its built.
Unbelievable------mine I think weighs about 16 lbs as well----give or take a few lbs-----heres a pic of mine

Old 08-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Fork Horn

That is a great design.

If I could post a file I have plans for a climbing tree stand that I engineered in CAD and PDF format. If anybody is interested pm me your email and I will send you a copy. For the seat I patterned a climbing stand my dad has and had my wife sew me one up. Works great.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice lookin' stands guys. I have never built anything of that nature but I have put together a few wood ladder stands in my day. How difficult was it for you guys to put them together?
Old 08-11-2005, 08:57 PM

My dad and hisuncle built some stands a few years back. They are made of piping and they have a carpeted wood floor and a nice padded seat on them. The stands are pretty heavy but we use pulleys to get them up there, much easier. Once we get them in they dont move at all or make a sound. We throw on a chain and a wratchet and they are good to go all seaon.
Old 08-11-2005, 09:31 PM

Mine cost about 10 bucks and weighs about 10 lbs. A poor boy has poor ways!

Old 08-12-2005, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

[quote]
Can you post some more pics of different angles,so we can get a feel of how its built.
[quote]

I would......... But I already have it in a tree in my back yard. I'm leaving the paint cure so it doesn't get every deers attention in the woods on the first use. I'm also going to use it for practice.

Maybe onmy lunch break I'll crawl up and take a few of it in the tree. I also have another stand that I built last year that I think you'll like!
Old 08-12-2005, 09:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

One thing I would think about before sending plans for homemade stands to anyone. Personal liability.

If you don't have an insurance policy to cover your butt it's nuts.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:00 AM
Typical Buck

I just got sent some plans for a treestand. And if I decide to build it then fall out of a tree.. that's my own stupid fault. Unfortunately a lot of people, including most lawyer see it differently. That's one of the biggest reaons this country is starting to go down hill, no personal responsiblity.

Quick Reply: Do you build your own tree stands?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.