Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does anybody watch The.......?

Old 08-09-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Does anybody watch The.......?

Sportsman Channel? I don't get The Outdoor Channel, which quite frankly ticks me off, but I do get the Sportsman Channel. I gotta tell ya......that channel rocks!!!!! There is no other programming on this channel except hunting and fishing. I think what I really like about it is that most of the shows on it are low budget, do it yourself shows. Heck, I have even seen guys shoot a doe with their bow.....Not gonna happen on Realtree or the others. Some of the shows really crack me up....some real backwoods....well....critter gitters.....if ya know what I mean? [&:]
Old 08-09-2005, 08:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Does anybody watch The.......?

Ya know, I was ticked off enough that I didn't get the Outdoor Channel but now I see that I don't even get the Sportsman's Channel either. All I get is OLN...like I want to see bike racing and kayaking all week.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:22 PM

What ticks me off about the outdoor channel is when someone shoots like a 180 inch deer and they just say "ya, he's a nice deer, i'll take him" if i saw a 180 inch deer where I hunt i would have a heart attack.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Watch them all, and my wife just loves it.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

All I get is OLN...like I want to see bike racing and kayaking all week.
OLN is the only one I get too. When Lance Armstrong retired, I was hoping the Only Lance Network would ease off the bicycles and start airing more hunting and fishing shows. It's apparent my hopes were ill-founded. [&o]
Old 08-10-2005, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

Watch them all, and my wife just loves it.
LOL! I can relate to that!!!

I do watch alot of the shows...some are good, some SUCK! But still most of them are better than watching most of the other junk on tv.

Another channel we got on DISH a while back is the MEN'S Channel....218. It's not bad.It has mostly hunting and fishing, with some informercials thrown in. Again, take it or leave it. I watched an awful show this morning...hunting over BUCK BRAN or something. I was cracking up...how they acted like experts while hunting over a 100lb pile of bait. Had some nice bucks on it though, which always pumps me up.
Old 08-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Another channel we got on DISH a while back is the MEN'S Channel....
Yep, me too. Dish network rocks. I have a favorits list with just three channels
Old 08-10-2005, 10:26 AM

WV Hunter,
I think I saw the same show yesterday or the day before. They were hunting over buck bran and there were a couple of deer feeding off it, and they kept saying how nice the food plot was. Where I come from a food plot is not a huge pile of buck bran.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I only get the Outdoor Channel. I'd have to pay more for OLN but to be honest they don't have much that I'm interested in. I honestly don't know if I get the Sportmen's Channel. I'll have to check.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr
Ya know, I was ticked off enough that I didn't get the Outdoor Channel but now I see that I don't even get the Sportsman's Channel either. All I get is OLN...like I want to see bike racing and kayaking all week.
Hey PA.... It sounds like we have the same cable provider! [:'(][&o]

Richmond, VA - Comcast cable. $64 bucks for basic w/HBO. Ooooooo, wow... OLN with mountain biking and rodeo 24/7... just what I want to watch! .....NOT! [:'(][:@] Digital cable from Comcast is $99 bucks a month and even then Outdoor Channel is EXTRA! I am looking at satellite dishes and DirectTV, DishNetwork, etc... and getaway from cable!!!

Quick Reply: Does anybody watch The.......?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.