Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowhunting Jacket

Old 08-09-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Bowhunting Jacket

I'm looking to buy a new bowhunting jacket. Something to wear in weather below 32 degrees farenheit. I have stuff to wear in the "warmer" weather but nothing when it gets cold hear in Wisconsin during october-november. I want something that is quiet against itself, and wont make a noise against the trees. I don't want to spend a fortune either. I'm thinking under 80$. If anybody has any suggestions please let me know.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunting Jacket

I was looking at Cabelas and found some possible jackets. 1. Predator series insulated jacket ($69.99). 2. Tech Down 7.4 oz insulated jacket ($79). If you just want warmth, id say go w/ the down, its the warmest thing out there IMO. Both these jackets give you warmth, but you loose one very important feature: Water-proofing. Water proofing makes a huge difference in effectiveness, because it aids in wind stopping and obviously keeps you dry. This also jumps your price up. Cabelas makes a water proof goose down jacket that will be incredibly warm with water proofing ($180) i think. Down is kinda bulky so consider using an arm gard to hold your clothing tight to your arm for ease in shooting.Down is also greatbecause if youalready have a lightweightrain coat, you could layer it, to keep you warm in the worst snowstorm mother nature can throw at ya. Downcompresses easy forlayering and packing and ischeap compaired to some of the high tech stuff
Old 08-09-2005, 01:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Use the jacket you have and just add a couple layers of good thermal undergarments. That's about the only way your doing it for under $80.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is a link to a jacket that I really like. It's quiet and blocks the wind and makes for a good outer layer in a layering scheme. It's a little more than that but not much.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jhtml?id=0027374&type=pod&cmCat=stati c_product
Old 08-09-2005, 08:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Without seeing your price restraint my first thought was Cabelas Revolution Fleece Pullover either insulated or uninsulated. The uninsulated model still retains quite a bit of heat and is an effective outer layering garment as it is windproof and waterproof. Price is around $100 though IIRC. Second suggestion would Cabelas Microtex Insulated Jacket. Not weatherproof like the Revolution Fleece but very warm and comfortable in the insulated version. Price is typically in the $60-$70 range.
Old 08-10-2005, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

check out cabelas bargin cave. they have tons of jackets onsale now!
Old 08-10-2005, 11:17 AM

I use the columbia fleece jacket, it was only around $80, and i really like it.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:43 AM
Spike

hey silent,
that looks like a great jacket, i'm assuming it's fairly warm....i've been looking for a good fleece
Old 08-11-2005, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those of you looking for a windpro fleece, check in the Cabelas bargin cave... a pullover on sale50
% off!
Old 08-11-2005, 03:23 PM

Cabelas Silent Suede. This sucker is sweet. It's darn warm too, if that is what you need.

Quick Reply: Bowhunting Jacket

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.